image

image

MY COOKBOOK

MY COOKBOOK
Click on the Cookbook for the Recipes

Figyelem

Felvételeim nyilvános publikálása engedély nélkül nem használhatók.

11.4.10

CREAM OF WHEAT




1 and 1/2 cups skim milk
1/8 tsp salt
3 Tbsp farina

The secret of no lumps is continuous stirring.

• Place the farina and salt in a small saucepan.
• In the microwave bring the milk to boil.
• Slowly stir hot milk into the farina with a wooden spoon.
• Bring to a boil.
• Reduce heat immediately and simmer for 4-5 minutes until thickened, all the while stirring.
• Top with maple syrup. Serves 1

Thanks to Lorne Fish we now eat cream of wheat with maple syrup.
  

4 comments:

  1. This was a staple in our household, particularly in winter when my Mom insisted we eat something warm. We had it with honey and sometimes fruit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I grew up sprinkling sugared cocoa powder over it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My mom used to brown cream of wheat in the frying pan...add milk or water til cooked and sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar...loved it as did my own children

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's called piritott griz. Some people make it with paprika and pepper and serve it with rostos hus. There is a trick to it so it remains soft and does not turn into cement. Your mom sounds like a cook.

      Delete

Translate

me

My photo
I began to post recipes for my family and it turned out to be a work in progress. "zsuzsa is in the kitchen" has over 900 recipes of Hungarian and international recipes. My recipes are organized into a cookbook format. On top of the page click on the cookbook to get access to all my recipes. If I ever figure out how to add a printer friendly gadget I will add it. In the meantime feel free to cut and paste. Happy cooking!

Archived Recipes

All my previous posts are listed and organized into a cookbook. Click on the cookbook with the wooden spoon image on the upper left corner to access over 900 recipes. You may click on the archive below, but it can take a long time to load.

Blog Archive