2-1/2 cups flour
4 Tbsp sugar
1/3 tsp salt
1/4 cup butter
2 Tbsp instant yeast
1/2 cup milk
1 cup túró
1 egg yolk
2 Tbsp sugar
1 pkg. vanilla sugar
1 Tbsp farina
grated zest of 1/2 lemon
• In a bowl crumble together flour sugar, salt and butter to a fine meal.
• Stir in the yeast.
• Add the egg and the milk and kneed the dough until elastic.
• Cover and let rise until doubled.
• On floured board roll out dough and cut into 12 rectangles.
• In a bowl combine the túró, egg yolk, sugar, vanilla sugar and farina.
• Stir in the lemon zest.
• Spoon the túró mixture on top of the rectangles.
• Pinch together the opposite corners and twist the top to seal in the filling.
• Line a rectangular baking pan with parchment paper.
• Lightly grease or spray with cooking spray.
• Arrange bundles in the pan.
• Brush the tops with egg yolk and set aside to rise.
• When bundles doubled in size bake at 375F for 25 minutes or until golden brown.
• Sift with powdered sugar and serve.