FRENCH POTATO SALAD
16 small new red potatoes or 4 medium firm red potatoes
3 Tbsp chopped parsley
2 Tbsp chopped dill [or 2 tsp dried dill]
4 green onions
1/4 cup chopped red onion
1/2 red bell pepper
1/3 cup red wine vinegar
1/3 cup olive oil
2 tsp Dijon mustard
1 garlic clove, crushed
salt and pepper to taste
• Scrub and chop the potatoes.
• Drop them in boiling water. Do not add salt yet.
• Cook the potatoes to the point of almost tender. They should be on the firm side.
• While the potatoes cook, chop up the parsley and the dill.
• Chop the green onions, including the green stalks.
• Dice the red onion and the bell pepper.
• When the potatoes are done place them in a large bowl.
• Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
• Add the chopped parsley, dill, green onion, red onion and red pepper.
• Do not toss yet.
• In a small bowl, whisk together wine vinegar, olive oil, and Dijon mustard.
• Mince the garlic and add to the dressing.
• Pour enough dressing over the hot potatoes to lightly coat.
• Toss gently until all the ingredients are coated with dressing.
• Chill thoroughly and serve.
- It began with posting a few recipes on line for my family. "zsuzsa is in the kitchen" has more than 1000 Hungarian and International recipes. What started out as a private project turned into a well visited blog. The number of visitors long passed the two million mark. I organized my recipes into an on-line cookbook. On top of the page click on the cookbook to access the recipes. I am not profiting from my blog, so my visitors will not be harassed with advertising or flashy gadgets. Feel free to cut and paste my recipes for your own use. Publication is permitted as long as it is in your own words and with your own photographs. However, I would ask you for an acknowledgement and link-back to my blog. Happy cooking!