FRENCH POTATO SALAD
16 small new red potatoes or 4 medium firm red potatoes
3 Tbsp chopped parsley
2 Tbsp chopped dill [or 2 tsp dried dill]
4 green onions
1/4 cup chopped red onion
1/2 red bell pepper
1/3 cup red wine vinegar
1/3 cup olive oil
2 tsp Dijon mustard
1 garlic clove, crushed
salt and pepper to taste
• Scrub and chop the potatoes.
• Drop them in boiling water. Do not add salt yet.
• Cook the potatoes to the point of almost tender. They should be on the firm side.
• While the potatoes cook, chop up the parsley and the dill.
• Chop the green onions, including the green stalks.
• Dice the red onion and the bell pepper.
• When the potatoes are done place them in a large bowl.
• Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
• Add the chopped parsley, dill, green onion, red onion and red pepper.
• Do not toss yet.
• In a small bowl, whisk together wine vinegar, olive oil, and Dijon mustard.
• Mince the garlic and add to the dressing.
• Pour enough dressing over the hot potatoes to lightly coat.
• Toss gently until all the ingredients are coated with dressing.
• Chill thoroughly and serve.
- I began to post recipes for my family and it turned out to be a work in progress. "zsuzsa is in the kitchen" has over 900 recipes of Hungarian and international recipes. My recipes are organized into a cookbook format. On top of the page click on the cookbook to get access to all my recipes. If I ever figure out how to add a printer friendly gadget I will add it. In the meantime feel free to cut and paste. Happy cooking!
All my previous posts are listed and organized into a cookbook. Click on the cookbook with the wooden spoon image on the upper left corner to access over 900 recipes. You may click on the archive below, but it can take a long time to load.
- ► 2014 (96)
- ► 2013 (106)
- ► 2012 (290)
- ► 2011 (179)
- ▼ July (11)