23.2.11

DEEP FRIED VEGETABLES

A photo of fried beans from last summer, but I call the recipe deep fried vegetables, because most fresh vegetable would be good prepared this way. Slice or chop them to 1/4 of an inch in depth, the most important factor being that they be tender and fresh. A while back I posted Jamie Oliver’s vegetable tempura on my site. Would it sound conceited if I told you I liked this better?

DEEP FRIED VEGETABLES
1 handful of green beans
1 egg to start, add more if needed
1 cup flour
3-4 cups peanut oil
salt and pepper to taste

• Remove the ends and discard blemished parts.
• Wash green beans thoroughly.
• Let them drip dry.
• Meanwhile pour the oil into a heavy, deep pot and bring to 350F.
• Beat the egg in a medium sized bowl until frothy.
• Place the flour in a large bowl.
• Add the handful of beans to the beaten egg.
• Toss with your hands until beans are well coated with the egg.
• Grab the handful of beans with your hands.
• The egg wash will drip, but don’t shake off the excess.
• Plunge the beans into the flour and drench them completely.
• When the oil is ready, add the beans and fry to golden crisp.
• Drain on paper towel and serve piping hot.
• Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.

Privacy & Cookies

This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this website, you agree to their use. To find out more, including how to control cookies, see here: Cookie Policy

Translate

me

My photo
It began with posting a few recipes on line for the family. "zsuzsa is in the kitchen" has more than 1000 Hungarian and International recipes. What started out as a private project turned into a well visited blog. The number of visitors long passed the two million mark. I organized the recipes into an on-line cookbook. On top of the page click on "ZSUZSA'S COOKBOOK". From there click on any of the chapters to access the recipes. For the archive just scroll to the bottom of the page. I am not profiting from my blog, so visitors are not harassed with advertising or flashy gadgets. The recipes are not broken up with photos at every step. Where needed the photos are placed following the recipe. Feel free to cut and paste my recipes for your own use. Publication is permitted as long as it is in your own words and with your own photographs. However, I would ask you for an acknowledgement and link-back to my blog. Happy cooking!