1 handful of green beans
1 egg to start, add more if needed
1 cup flour
3-4 cups peanut oil
salt and pepper to taste
• Remove the ends and discard blemished parts.
• Wash green beans thoroughly.
• Let them drip dry.
• Meanwhile pour the oil into a heavy, deep pot and bring to 350F.
• Beat the egg in a medium sized bowl until frothy.
• Place the flour in a large bowl.
• Add the handful of beans to the beaten egg.
• Toss with your hands until beans are well coated with the egg.
• Grab the handful of beans with your hands.
• The egg wash will drip, but don’t shake off the excess.
• Plunge the beans into the flour and drench them completely.
• When the oil is ready, add the beans and fry to golden crisp.
• Drain on paper towel and serve piping hot.
• Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.