image

image

MY COOKBOOK

MY COOKBOOK
Click on the Cookbook for the Recipes

Figyelem

Felvételeim nyilvános publikálása engedély nélkül nem használhatók.

24.2.11

PORK RATATOUILLE - LECSÓS HÚS


I had some boneless country style ribs. To keep them moist I used a roaster with a well fitting lid for the first two hours. Meanwhile I started the lecsó on the stove. After assembling the lecsó, I uncovered the meat and spooned the partially cooked lecsó on the top. It went back into the oven, this time without the lid, and I roasted it for 3 hours longer, until all the juices evaporated and the bottom of the pan was glistening with fat. Considering the cut of the meat and since I used frozen tomatoes and peppers for the lecsó [these can produce a lot of liquid, certainly much more than fresh] you have to gage the time in the oven after you add the lecsó. There should be no liquid left in the bottom of the roasting pan certainly, but the meat must remain succulent and not dried out. The lecsó requires the 2 large onions and if you don’t have Hungarian wax peppers [the large sweet yellow kind] I would opt for yellow or orange or red bell peppers rather than the green. You can use green peppers too, but then the lecsó’s acidity has to be tamed with a bit of brown sugar before it is added to the meat. I think this dish would be quite nice with turkey breast, except the cooking time would have to be cut drastically. There would be no need to pre roast it and it would be imperative to use fresh tomatoes and fresh peppers.

750 g country style boneless pork ribs
salt and pepper to taste
1 + 2 Tbsp olive oil
4 cloves of garlic
2 large onions, chopped
3 red peppers, chopped
3 tomatoes, chopped

• Wash the meat well and season with salt and pepper.
• Oil the bottom of the roasting pan with 1 Tbsp olive oil.
• Place the ribs in a row, well packed together.
• At intervals insert the garlic cloves.
• Cover the pan with a tight fitting lid.
• Place in the oven at 350F for two hours.
• Meanwhile start on the lecsó.
• Add 2 Tbsp olive oil to a non stick fry pan.
• Add the chopped onions and sauté on medium heat until soft.
• Add the chopped peppers and sauté until they begin to soften.
• Add the chopped tomatoes and heat through.
• Season it with salt and pepper to taste.
• Take the lid off the ribs and pile the partially cooked lecsó on the top.
• Continue roasting the ribs, but do not cover it.
• When all the juices are gone and the bottom of the pan glistens with oil, remove from oven.
• Pork ratatouille is ready to serve.
   

Translate

me

My photo
I began to post recipes for my family and it turned out to be a work in progress. "zsuzsa is in the kitchen" has over 900 recipes of Hungarian and international recipes. My recipes are organized into a cookbook format. On top of the page click on the cookbook to get access to all my recipes. If I ever figure out how to add a printer friendly gadget I will add it. In the meantime feel free to cut and paste. Happy cooking!

Archived Recipes

All my previous posts are listed and organized into a cookbook. Click on the cookbook with the wooden spoon image on the upper left corner to access over 900 recipes. You may click on the archive below, but it can take a long time to load.

Blog Archive