2 cups diced carrots
2 cups diced kohlrabi
2 cups frozen green peas
roux from 2 Tbsp butter and 2 Tbsp flour
1 fresh parsley sprig, finely chopped
• Clean and peel the carrots and the kohlrabi.
• Chop into uniform bite sized chunks.
• Add to a medium pot.
• Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
• Add water to just cover the vegetables.
• Bring to a boil and reduce to a slow steady simmer.
• Cover the pot and cook the vegetables until almost tender.
• Meanwhile make the roux.
• Melt the butter in a non stick fry pan.
• Stir in the flour and cook until flour is a golden color. Set aside.
• When the vegetables are almost done, add the frozen peas and cook for a couple of more minutes.
• Pour some of the broth into the roux and gently combine.
• Add the thickened broth back into the pot.
• Add the finely chopped fresh parsley and gently stir.
• Cover the pot and let the stew rest for 15 minutes.
• Heat through and serve.