image

image

MY COOKBOOK

MY COOKBOOK
Click on the Cookbook for the Recipes

7.11.11

COCOA SNAILS - KAKAÓS CSIGA


These are not danishes or yeast buns. Back when cocoa snails used to be four to six inches wide flat disks made from hájas tészta or some type of puff pastry; you bit into them, there was a crack and the crispy, buttery layers just fell apart. They were best on the day they were made. I made these the easy way, from half a package of commercial puff pasty.

1/2 pkg. puff pastry
2 Tbsp melted butter
sprinkling of cocoa
2 sprinklings of sugar

• Roll out the pastry dough 24 inch by 4 inches.
• Spread the top with half of the melted butter.
• Sprinkle with cocoa all the way to the ends.
• Sprinkle with sugar all the way to the ends.
• Roll up and cut into 6-8 slices.
• Line the baking pan with parchment paper.
• Arrange the slices on the pan leaving plenty of space in between for expansion.
• Tuck the ends under.
• Using a pastry brush spread the tops with the remaining melted butter.
• Sprinkle the tops with a bit of sugar.
• Put into the fridge for half an hour to chill.
• Set the oven to 425F.
• Remove pan from the fridge and place in the preheated oven.
• Bake for 15-20 minutes.
• Remove from oven and lightly sprinkle with icing sugar.

Translate

me

My photo
I began to post recipes for my family and it turned out to be a work in progress. "zsuzsa is in the kitchen" has over 900 recipes of Hungarian and international recipes. My recipes are organized into a cookbook format. On top of the page click on the cookbook to get access to all my recipes. If I ever figure out how to add a printer friendly gadget I will add it. In the meantime feel free to cut and paste. Happy cooking!

Archived Recipes

All my previous posts are listed and organized into a cookbook. Click on the cookbook with the wooden spoon image on the upper left corner to access over 900 recipes. You may click on the archive below, but it can take a long time to load.

Blog Archive