1 cup of soup meat and vegetable mixture
1 heaping Tbsp dry parsley
salt and pepper to taste
1/2 cup fine breadcrumbs
2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
• Put some water in a medium pot and place it on high heat.
• Put the meat and vegetables through the food processor.
• Transfer mixture to a large mixing bowl.
• Add the parsley and the seasonings.
• Add the fine breadcrumbs. Depending on the mixture, you may need a bit less or more.
• Add a couple of drops of oil to the water and bring to the boil.
• Wet your hands, shape a piece of dough into a ball and drop it into the boiling water.
• After all the dumplings rise to the top cook for 4-5 more minutes longer.
• Remove dumplings with a slotted spoon and let dumplings drain.
• Place 2 Tbsp olive oil in the fry pan and place it on medium heat.
• Add the dumplings and heat through, shaking the pan occasionally and letting them slightly brown, but do not burn.
Makes 8 large dumplings