1/3 cup raw almonds
1/8 white cabbage
1/8 Savoy cabbage
2 green onions
1/3 cup raisins
1 sprig of fresh parsley, chopped [optional]
1/4 cup plain Balkan yogurt
2 Tbsp mayonnaise
• With a chef’s knife chop up the raw almonds coarsely.
• Spray a cookie sheet with cooking spray.
• Place almond bits on the cookie sheet and roast for 10 minutes at 350F.
• Remove pan from the oven and set aside.
• Slice the white and Savoy cabbages very thinly. This is a slaw, so don’t shred it.
• Place slice both cabbages and place in a large bowl.
• Peel the carrots and slice into matchstick strips. Add to the bowl
• Slice the green onions, including the green part. Add to the bowl.
• Thinly slice the radishes. Add to the bowl.
• Add the raisins and the chopped parsley.
• In a small bowl stir together the yogurt and the mayonnaise.
• Spoon the yoghurt dressing into the salad bowl.
• Season the salad with salt and pepper and toss.
• Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and place in the fridge to chill for an hour.
• Just before serving sprinkle the top with the roasted almond bits.