image

image

MY COOKBOOK

MY COOKBOOK
Click on the Cookbook for the Recipes

Figyelem

Felvételeim nyilvános publikálása engedély nélkül nem használhatók.

4.1.12

VENDOR WOMAN PORK CHOPS - KOFAPECSENYE


“Kofa” is a woman who sells produce in a market, a vendor. By extension, kofa can mean gossip or chatterbox. Then I suppose “kofapecsenye” would be pork chops made by such person. In other words, this is tasty peasant food eaten at the “piac” [open-air market] on the spot. The only advertizing needed is the sweet smell of frying pork meat. Slap the chops inside two peaces of bread and eat it with a fermented cucumber. Though not to be eaten before hot date.

4 slices of boneless pork chops
milk
2 garlic cloves, minced
flour for dipping
salt
Hungarian paprika
ground pepper
oil

• Remove fat and pound the chops very thin with a meat tenderizer.
• Place the chops in a dish and pour milk to submerge them.
• Add a couple of minced garlic cloves to the milk.
• Not to stink up the fridge with garlic, wrap up the dish with plastic wrap airtight.
• Let the chops soak in the milk with garlic overnight.
The following day take the chops out and discard the milk.
• Blot the chops with paper towels.
• Sprinkle both sides of the chops with Hungarian paprika and ground pepper.
• Roll the chops into flour.
• Place oil in a non-stick fry pan and quickly fry the chops until both sides are crispy and golden.
• Place the chops on paper towel to drain excess oil.
• Immediately sprinkle with salt.



6 comments:

  1. Zsuzsa, it looks fantastic! You can be sure these will appear on my blog soon :-) I love pork and I love thinly sliced pork chops (not to mention thinning and tenderising them is an excellent way to let go anger!). The sandwiches you show remind me of one of my favourite childhood sandwiches with breaded pork cutlets...
    The garlic and milk marinade sounds very unusual. I cannot wait to try it.
    By the way, I have just posted something inspired by a recipe I have bookmarked from your blog at least a month ago...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah I saw it and it looks absolutely delicious Sissi! You made the real thing that's for sure. Breaded pork cutlet sandwich was my favourite too. It still is. This one was interesting the garlic just hit me at the first bite haha. Better not make it if you go somewhere afterwards. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Zsuzsa, my grandmother and the ladies from the church made "lutze" PECSENYE. That is a phonetic spelling. I've not been able to find a recipe anywhere although this is similar. They made it at church and family cookouts. Do you have any ideas? Köszönöm.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "lutze" pecsenye was probably lacipecsenye. They used to sell it at the open-air markets and fairs. This is one of the things I am planning to make, but if you don't want to wait just google lacipecsenye.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am making these tonight alongside some cabbage strudel. I love your blog Zsuzsa. My father and grandparents came to the usa during the Hungarian Revolution. I had been trying for years to make Kremes just like my Nagymama did for all those special occassions. Despite my investment in many english hungarian cookbooks, my attempts failed everytime. Thank you for taking the time to post all of these wonderful recipes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marisa try my kremes recipe. You will find it in my cookbook in the Dessert section under Hungarian Custard Slice. Follow the recipe. It will work.

      Delete

Translate

me

My photo
I began to post recipes for my family and it turned out to be a work in progress. "zsuzsa is in the kitchen" has over 900 recipes of Hungarian and international recipes. My recipes are organized into a cookbook format. On top of the page click on the cookbook to get access to all my recipes. If I ever figure out how to add a printer friendly gadget I will add it. In the meantime feel free to cut and paste. Happy cooking!

Archived Recipes

All my previous posts are listed and organized into a cookbook. Click on the cookbook with the wooden spoon image on the upper left corner to access over 900 recipes. You may click on the archive below, but it can take a long time to load.

Blog Archive