13.2.12

CHOCOLATE SWIRL BANANA BREAD

Gotcha! I made you banana bread, but you didn’t like it. Fair enough, I put nuts into it and you had to pick out the nuts. Amazing how many nuts an eight year old can find in just one slice of banana bread… Then I thought you eat banana bread from Starbucks all the time why not look for the recipe. I found it and I made you a copycat Starbucks Banana Bread. You didn’t like that either. So I got you a slice at Starbucks the other day and you gave me a small peace to try. I thought it was gross and mine was much better. But just wait I thought, I will have your number; I will be putting in chocolate swirls. Yeast to Zest had a recipe, which I rewrote. It’s easier to follow now. Did you like it, yes? Finally, we  have a winner!

CHOCOLATE SWIRL BANANA BREAD
1-3/4 cups flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
1/2 cup soft butter
1/2 cup buttermilk
1 cup mashed banana
1 tsp vanilla extract
3 Tbsp cocoa powder

• Preheat the oven to 350F.
• Spray a bread pan with cooking spray generously.
• In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and the salt. Set it aside.
In a large mixing bowl cream the soft butter and sugar until fluffy.
• One by one add the eggs and beat until light and fluffy.
• Add the vanilla and the buttermilk and mix to combine.
Add the dry ingredients and gently fold into the butter mixture. Do not over mix.
• Transfer back half the batter to the medium bowl.
• Sift 3 Tbsp of cocoa on top and gently combine. Do not over mix.
• Spoon one third of the white batter into the prepared pan.
• Spoon half of the chocolate batter on the top.
• Spoon half of the remaining white batter on the top.
• Spoon the remaining chocolate batter on the top.
• Finish by adding the remaining white batter and smooth out the top.
• Take your butter knife and from one end to the other swirl in the batter making a figure 8. Resist the urge to make more swirls, the more you swirl, the less the bread will look marbled.
• Bake for approximately 50-60 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let it cool before serving.

Privacy & Cookies

This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this website, you agree to their use. To find out more, including how to control cookies, see here: Cookie Policy

Translate

me

My photo
It began with posting a few recipes on line for the family. "zsuzsa is in the kitchen" has more than 1000 Hungarian and International recipes. What started out as a private project turned into a well visited blog. The number of visitors long passed the two million mark. I organized the recipes into an on-line cookbook. On top of the page click on "ZSUZSA'S COOKBOOK". From there click on any of the chapters to access the recipes. For the archive just scroll to the bottom of the page. I am not profiting from my blog, so visitors are not harassed with advertising or flashy gadgets. The recipes are not broken up with photos at every step. Where needed the photos are placed following the recipe. Feel free to cut and paste my recipes for your own use. Publication is permitted as long as it is in your own words and with your own photographs. However, I would ask you for an acknowledgement and link-back to my blog. Happy cooking!