4 cups of peeled and thinly sliced russet potatoes
1/4 cup water
1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1/8 cup diced onions
1 garlic, minced
1/2 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
salt and pepper to taste
1/4 cup flour
Oil for frying
• Peel and thinly slice the potatoes.
• Place in a shallow bowl and add 1/4 cup of water.
• Cover with a microwavable plastic dome and place in the microwave for 5 minutes.
• Meanwhile, place 1 Tbsp olive oil in a fry pan and sauté the onions and garlic until soft.
• Drain the tiny amount of water that remains and pat dry the potatoes with paper towels.
• Place the potatoes in a mixing bowl.
• Add the onion mixture, the fresh parsley, 1 egg, and 1/4 cup flour.
• Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
• Combine the ingredients.
• With damp hands, shape the croquettes.
• Heat up the oil on medium heat. Avoid high temperatures because the croquettes will burn before you have a chance to turn them over.
• Start frying 4-6 croquettes, gently turning them over with a fork so they can brown evenly. Once the first croquettes start to have a little color, add a few more and increase or decrease the temperature as needed. Try to maintain the frying temperature.
• With a slotted spoon scoop out the finished croquettes and transfer to a paper towel lined dish and serve. Yield: 16