2 Tbsp oil
1 tsp caraway seeds
2 Tbsp flour
1/4 tsp Hungarian paprika
salt to taste
4 cups chicken stock
croutons to serve
• Place oil in a medium Dutch pot and add the caraway seeds.
• Sauté caraway seeds for one minute on low medium heat.
• Add the flour and keep stirring until flour begins to get a golden color.
• Remove from heat and add the paprika.
• Gradually add the chicken stock and keep stirring until flour is well blended with the stock.
• Taste it and adjust the salt. [the stock would have salt in it already]
• Bring soup to slow simmer and slowly simmer for 3-4 minutes.
• Remove from heat and cover pot. Let soup rest for 5 minutes.
• Serve piping hot with croutons.