image

image

MY COOKBOOK

MY COOKBOOK
Click on the Cookbook for the Recipes

Figyelem

Felvételeim nyilvános publikálása engedély nélkül nem használhatók.

26.5.12

LENTIL APRICOT SALAD


This was adapted from Reciprocity Foods. Not being overly fond of collards, I used baby spinach instead. We like dried apricots and pecans, so I increased those.

Salad
2-1/2 cups spouted green lentils
2 large handful baby spinach, washed and drained
2 large peeled carrots cut on the diagonal
1/2 cup diced red onion
1 cup dried apricots, sliced

Dressing
3 garlic cloves, minced
juice of one orange plus zest
4 Tbsp olive oil
salt to taste

Topping
1/2 cup pecans

• Combine the minced garlic, orange juice and zest, olive oil and salt.
• Set dressing aside for 30 minutes or longer.
• Place salad ingredients in a large bowl and toss.
• Just before serving, pour the dressing over the salad and toss to coat spinach leaves.
• Top with pecans, and serve.
 

2 comments:

  1. Apricots again! Zsuzsa, I think you will make me turn to this bottle of barack palinka I keep for special occasions and drink very rarely ;-) (By the way this is definitely the best Hungarian alcohol I have ever had, of course the very very best is the one my friend's father makes!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mother's mom made a few bottles every year. Each of her kids got a bottle and my mom used it to make brandy. My favourite was hazelnut flavoured. Anyway, I was there once when grandma was squashing the apricots for the palinka. A poor bee was inside one of the overripe fruits and I yelled "there is a bee!", but she squashed it down with the rest of the apricots. When she saw how horrified I was she reassured me that by the time the palinka is done it couldn't be any cleaner. She never realized I felt sorry for the bee.

    ReplyDelete

Translate

me

My photo
I began to post recipes for my family and it turned out to be a work in progress. "zsuzsa is in the kitchen" has over 900 recipes of Hungarian and international recipes. My recipes are organized into a cookbook format. On top of the page click on the cookbook to get access to all my recipes. If I ever figure out how to add a printer friendly gadget I will add it. In the meantime feel free to cut and paste. Happy cooking!

Archived Recipes

All my previous posts are listed and organized into a cookbook. Click on the cookbook with the wooden spoon image on the upper left corner to access over 900 recipes. You may click on the archive below, but it can take a long time to load.

Blog Archive