1/2 cup poppy seeds
3/4 cup milk
2 tsp real vanilla extract
3/4 cup butter
1 cup sugar
2-1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
2 cups flour
• Combine the poppy seeds milk and vanilla extract in the mixing bowl.
• Set it aside for one hour to soften the poppy seeds.
• Meanwhile fully line a bread pan with parchment paper. Make sure the parchment extends over two sides for easy gripping. There is no need to butter the paper.
• Add the butter, sugar and the eggs to the poppy seed mixture and beat to combine.
• Add the baking powder and the salt.
• Gradually add the flour and beat on medium speed for 4-5 minutes.
• Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
Bake at 350F for 50-60 minutes.
• Poke the center with a knife and if the knife comes out clean remove pan from the oven.
• Place the pan on a wire rack to cool for fifteen minutes.
• Grab the parchment overhang and gently remove the loaf from the pan.
• Peel off the parchment and place the loaf on the wire rack to cool completely.
• The cooled loaf will slice beautifully.