FRUITY WHITE CHOCOLATE COOKIES
I use the same cookie batter for my chocolate chip, crazy and raisin cookies. Always use softened butter; it beats up fluffier than cold butter. When shaping the cookies, do not press the dough together, form a loose ball and never press them down. Then you will always have crispy cookies with a soft interior. For this same reason, don’t make the cookies too small. One batch should yield about fifteen, maximum twenty cookies, depending on the amount of chocolate, dry fruit or nuts you added to the batter.
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup light brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1-1/2 cups flour
1/2 tsp soda [no more]
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 cup dried cranberries
1 cup dried mangoes, chopped
1 cup good quality white chocolate chips
• In a large bowl beat the butter, sugars, vanilla and egg light and fluffy.
• In a separate bowl sift together the flour, soda and salt.
• Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture and combine.
• Stir in the dried fruits and the white chocolate chips.
• Drop 2 inches apart with heaping tablespoon, on parchment lined baking sheets.
• Bake at 350F for 12 to 15 minutes until lightly browned.
• Allow cookies to solidify before moving them to a wire rack.
- I began to post recipes for my family and it turned out to be a work in progress. "zsuzsa is in the kitchen" has over 900 recipes of Hungarian and international recipes. My recipes are organized into a cookbook format. On top of the page click on the cookbook to get access to all my recipes. If I ever figure out how to add a printer friendly gadget I will add it. In the meantime feel free to cut and paste. Happy cooking!
All my previous posts are listed and organized into a cookbook. Click on the cookbook with the wooden spoon image on the upper left corner to access over 900 recipes. You may click on the archive below, but it can take a long time to load.
- ► 2014 (96)
- ► 2013 (106)
- DRYING CHERRIES IN THE OVEN
- PINEAPPLE SQUARES
- CREAM CHEESE PASTRY
- FRUITY WHITE CHOCOLATE COOKIES
- GREEN PEAR SALAD
- LENTIL FETA SALAD
- SALAD TRAY WITH FETA
- CAKE BLONDIES
- BEEF CURRY
- HAWAIIAN PORK CHOPS
- NERO COOKIES - NÉRÓ TEASÜTEMÉNY
- CHEESY PASTA WITH BROCCOLI AND HAM
- COCONUT CREAM WITH CANNED PEACHES
- CUTLET IN A BUN - RÁNTOTT HÚSOS ZSEMLE
- OLD FASHIONED SWEET ROLLS
- COCONUT THALERS – KÓKUSZTALLÉR
- ▼ June (16)
- ► 2011 (179)
- ► 2010 (203)