FRUITY WHITE CHOCOLATE COOKIES
I use the same cookie batter for my chocolate chip, crazy and raisin cookies. Always use softened butter; it beats up fluffier than cold butter. When shaping the cookies, do not press the dough together, form a loose ball and never press them down. Then you will always have crispy cookies with a soft interior. For this same reason, don’t make the cookies too small. One batch should yield about fifteen, maximum twenty cookies, depending on the amount of chocolate, dry fruit or nuts you added to the batter.
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup light brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1-1/2 cups flour
1/2 tsp soda [no more]
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 cup dried cranberries
1 cup dried mangoes, chopped
1 cup good quality white chocolate chips
• In a large bowl beat the butter, sugars, vanilla and egg light and fluffy.
• In a separate bowl sift together the flour, soda and salt.
• Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture and combine.
• Stir in the dried fruits and the white chocolate chips.
• Drop 2 inches apart with heaping tablespoon, on parchment lined baking sheets.
• Bake at 350F for 12 to 15 minutes until lightly browned.
• Allow cookies to solidify before moving them to a wire rack.
- It began with posting a few recipes on line for my family. "zsuzsa is in the kitchen" has more than 1000 Hungarian and International recipes. What started out as a private project turned into a well visited blog. The number of visitors long passed the two million mark. I organized my recipes into an on-line cookbook. On top of the page click on the cookbook to access the recipes. I am not profiting from my blog, so my visitors will not be harassed with advertising or flashy gadgets. Feel free to cut and paste my recipes for your own use. Publication is permitted as long as it is in your own words and with your own photographs. However, I would ask you for an acknowledgement and link-back to my blog. This is to my old on-line friends and visitors: policing the comment section for spam and answering questions has become a chore. Good wishes to you all, happy cooking and keep on feeding your people with good food.
- ► 2014 (95)
- ► 2013 (106)
- DRYING CHERRIES IN THE OVEN
- PINEAPPLE SQUARES
- CREAM CHEESE PASTRY
- FRUITY WHITE CHOCOLATE COOKIES
- GREEN PEAR SALAD
- LENTIL FETA SALAD
- SALAD TRAY WITH FETA
- CAKE BLONDIES
- BEEF CURRY
- HAWAIIAN PORK CHOPS
- NERO COOKIES - NÉRÓ TEASÜTEMÉNY
- CHEESY PASTA WITH BROCCOLI AND HAM
- COCONUT CREAM WITH CANNED PEACHES
- CUTLET IN A BUN - RÁNTOTT HÚSOS ZSEMLE
- OLD FASHIONED SWEET ROLLS
- COCONUT THALERS – KÓKUSZTALLÉR
- ▼ June (16)
- ► 2011 (179)
- ► 2010 (200)