pickling cucumbers in various sizes to fill 2 glass jars
2 heads of dill
4 cloves of garlic
6 cups of water
3/8 cup sugar
6 Tbsp pickling salt
1-1/2 cups 5% white vinegar
• Wash the cucumbers and cut off the ends.
• Quarter them and set them aside.
• Place a head of dill and 2 garlic cloves in each glass jar.
• Arrange the cucumber on the top.
• To make the brine, boil 4 cups of water.
• Meanwhile place the sugar, pickling salt, pickling spice and the vinegar in a bowl.
• Pour the boiling water into the bowl and stir to dissolve the pickling salt.
• Divide the brine between the two jars with the cucumbers.
• Place a well fitting screw cap on the tops and put them in the fridge for 5 days.
• Pickles are ready a couple of days after the color changes. It was good by the sixth day. Now I can rest.
• Pickles will keep for 6 months in the fridge.