image

image

MY COOKBOOK

MY COOKBOOK
Click on the Cookbook for the Recipes

Figyelem

Felvételeim nyilvános publikálása engedély nélkül nem használhatók.

28.9.12

PLUM CAKE WITH WHITE CHOCOLATE FROSTING


I tried several fruity cakes this past summer with almond meal, but every one of them was a disappointment. Well, until today. The only reason I made this one is because I overlooked the ground almond ingredient. But then lucky for me I still had some ground almonds in the freezer. Because oh boy, this cake is such a delight, that we are not sharing. No, really, this is an amazing cake. If I give this one away I will be in trouble.

I made a few changes though. I wanted a hint of orange so I replaced the orange juice with apple juice and added 2 Tbsp finely grated orange rinds instead. Also I made a bit more from the white chocolate glaze. Gratefully adapted from the Passionate Cook.

Plum Cake:
3 cups chopped plums
3/4 + 1/8 cup soft butter
3/4 cup sugar
4 eggs
2/3 cup oatmeal
1/2 + 1/8 cup finely ground almonds
8 Tbsp apple juice
2-1/4 cups self-raising flour
2 Tbsp finely grated orange rinds
cooking spray

White Chocolate Glaze:
3 squares white chocolate [28g each square]
1/4 cup whipping cream

• Preheat the oven to 350F.
• Wash and stone the plums, cut them into bite sized chunks.
• Beat the butter and sugar until very fluffy.
• Beat in the eggs one at a time.
• Add the oatmeal, almonds, apple juice, flour and orange rinds and beat until fully incorporated.
• Spray a loaf pan with cooking spray.
• Fully line the loaf pan with parchment paper. Make sure the paper extends well over the pan. The paper will adhere to the cooking spray.
 • Bake for 65 - 70 minutes until a cake tester comes out clean.
• Place the loaf pan on a wire rack to cool.
• While the cake is cooling, melt the chocolate and the whipping cream in a pot on the stove, continually stirring.
• When half of the chocolate is melted, remove pot from heat and keep stirring until the residual heat melts the remaining chocolate chunks.
• Grasp onto the parchment overhangs and carefully remove the cake from the loaf pan.
• Carefully transfer the cake to a tray. [The cake is fragile]
• Now cover the bottom of a small funnel with a little piece of parchment paper and secure it with an elastic band. This will allow you to fill up the funnel without loosing any of the glaze.
• Position the funnel over the cake and remove the parchment and the elastic band.
• Move the funnel over the cake in close zigzags; drizzling the top with the white chocolate glaze.
• Let the glaze dry before slicing.
 

4 comments:

  1. Wow! I love your plum series! This cake looks incredibly soft and irresistible. Visually it reminds me of a yeast cake.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Zsuzsa, I just love, love your superb, moist, and delicious plum cake. I adore the white chocolate drizzle on it, and would lick the plate, and the spoon the get every drop of that amazing glaze.
    The recipe is sensational, and a must try for me:) xo

    Thank you so much for your kinds and considerate concern for me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm back again, to let you know that I just pinned your amazing Pumpkin Loaf on my 'pumpkin' board for Pinterest, to link back to you.

    http://pinterest.com/bakerstreet/pumpkin/

    also will be pinning your thin crust totally mouthwatering pizza, but my computer is not cooperating with my comments on those posts, so I'm commenting here. Love the perfect and thin pizza you made, and the toppings...just superb. Will be going back to 'pin' and retrieve the recipe!
    Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you ladies for your kind comments! Elisabeth, you and I both… yes I licked the driblets off the catch tray. Thanks for pinning. I want to make a pumpkin cake too.

    ReplyDelete

Translate

me

My photo
I began to post recipes for my family and it turned out to be a work in progress. "zsuzsa is in the kitchen" has over 900 recipes of Hungarian and international recipes. My recipes are organized into a cookbook format. On top of the page click on the cookbook to get access to all my recipes. If I ever figure out how to add a printer friendly gadget I will add it. In the meantime feel free to cut and paste. Happy cooking!

Archived Recipes

All my previous posts are listed and organized into a cookbook. Click on the cookbook with the wooden spoon image on the upper left corner to access over 900 recipes. You may click on the archive below, but it can take a long time to load.

Blog Archive