1 batch linzer pastry dough
1 Tbsp butter for greasing the pan
1/4 cup ground almonds or fine breadcrumbs
1 egg for the egg wash
5 cups diced plums
1/4 cup sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground cloves
4 Tbsp flour
3 Tbsp cold butter,
• Preheat the oven to 375F.
• Prepare the plums and place them in a medium bowl.
• Add the sugar, cinnamon, ground cloves and the flour.
• Stir to combine.
• Butter an 9X12 inch baking pan.
• Knead the linzer pastry dough for a couple of minutes and divide into two parts.
• Roll one part into a slightly larger than the baking pan. Set aside the remaining dough.
• Place the rolled out dough inside the cake pan.
• Arrange the plum mixture on the bottom layer.
• Dot the top with cold butter.
• On floured board roll the remaining dough slightly larger than the baking pan.
• Place on top of the fruit filling and press down lightly.
• Lightly poke the top layer with a fork and brush egg wash over it.
• Bake in the preheated oven until the top is golden brown.
• Remove from the oven and let the pastry cool down.
• Cut into squares and serve sprinkled with icing sugar.