BLACK BEAN AND CORN SALSA
This is ready in record time; there is no need to thaw the corn or refrigerate the assembled salsa. It turned out to be a summery dish, but I was making black bean soup and I cooked more beans then intending to. So I thought why not make a salsa and combine the beans with some frozen corn. It is delicious, but the cumin and the Tabasco both add heat so handle them with care. I know people who would be just as happy to omit the cumin and the Tabasco. Then again others would chop an entire chili on the top.
1 can black beans [or 1/2 cup of soaked and cooked black beans]
2 cups frozen corn
1/4 cup chopped red onion
1/2 tsp cumin seeds
salt and pepper to taste
1 tsp Tabasco sauce [optional]
juice of 1/2 lime
4 ripe baby tomatoes, chopped
2 Tbsp olive oil
• Rinse the black bean under cold running water and drain.
• Place the drained beans in a medium sized salad bowl.
• Add the frozen corn and mix to combine.
• Chop the red onion
• Add the chopped red onion, cumin seeds, salt and pepper to taste, Tabasco sauce and the juice of half a lime.
• Toss the gently.
• Chop the tomatoes and add to the salsa.
• Finally; drizzle with olive oil.
• Lasts rather well, but you may serve it immediately.
- It began with posting a few recipes on line for my family. "zsuzsa is in the kitchen" has more than 1000 Hungarian and International recipes. What started out as a private project turned into a well visited blog. The number of visitors long passed the two million mark. I organized my recipes into an on-line cookbook. On top of the page click on the cookbook to access the recipes. I am not profiting from my blog, so my visitors will not be harassed with advertising or flashy gadgets. Feel free to cut and paste my recipes for your own use. Publication is permitted as long as it is in your own words and with your own photographs. However, I would ask you for an acknowledgement and link-back to my blog. This is to my old on-line friends and visitors: policing the comment section for spam and answering questions has become a chore. Good wishes to you all, happy cooking and keep on feeding your people with good food.
- ► 2014 (94)
- ► 2013 (106)
- SAUERKRAUT WITH MEATBALLS - SZÉKELYKÁPOSZTA VAGDAL...
- BROWN BUTTER CAKE
- BROWN SUGAR MERINGUE BUTTERCREAM
- HUNGARIAN APPLE SQUARES - ALMÁSPITE
- HAM AND BREAD PUDDING
- SWEET BEET CITRUS SALAD
- BLACK BEAN TOMATO SOUP
- COOKING LARGE NEW POTATOES
- NEW POTATOES WITH CAPERS
- BLACK BEAN AND CORN SALSA
- ROASTED TOMATO SAUCE
- TOMATO LAYERED POTATOES - PARADICSOMOS RAKOTT KRUM...
- ROASTED PIZZA TOMATOES
- CROSTINI WITH OVEN ROASTED TOMATOES
- OVEN ROASTED TOMATO SLICES
- HUNGARIAN WATER PICKLES - VIZES UBORKA
- BROCCOLI CARROT SALAD
- LENTIL STEW – LENCSE FŐZELÉK
- ROASTED BUFFALO TURKEY LEG
- ▼ October (19)
- ► 2011 (179)
- ► 2010 (200)