BLACK BEAN AND CORN SALSA
This is ready in record time; there is no need to thaw the corn or refrigerate the assembled salsa. It turned out to be a summery dish, but I was making black bean soup and I cooked more beans then intending to. So I thought why not make a salsa and combine the beans with some frozen corn. It is delicious, but the cumin and the Tabasco both add heat so handle them with care. I know people who would be just as happy to omit the cumin and the Tabasco. Then again others would chop an entire chili on the top.
1 can black beans [or 1/2 cup of soaked and cooked black beans]
2 cups frozen corn
1/4 cup chopped red onion
1/2 tsp cumin seeds
salt and pepper to taste
1 tsp Tabasco sauce [optional]
juice of 1/2 lime
4 ripe baby tomatoes, chopped
2 Tbsp olive oil
• Rinse the black bean under cold running water and drain.
• Place the drained beans in a medium sized salad bowl.
• Add the frozen corn and mix to combine.
• Chop the red onion
• Add the chopped red onion, cumin seeds, salt and pepper to taste, Tabasco sauce and the juice of half a lime.
• Toss the gently.
• Chop the tomatoes and add to the salsa.
• Finally; drizzle with olive oil.
• Lasts rather well, but you may serve it immediately.
- I began to post recipes for my family and it turned out to be a work in progress. "zsuzsa is in the kitchen" has over 900 recipes of Hungarian and international recipes. My recipes are organized into a cookbook format. On top of the page click on the cookbook to get access to all my recipes. If I ever figure out how to add a printer friendly gadget I will add it. In the meantime feel free to cut and paste. Happy cooking!
All my previous posts are listed and organized into a cookbook. Click on the cookbook with the wooden spoon image on the upper left corner to access over 900 recipes. You may click on the archive below, but it can take a long time to load.
- ► 2014 (96)
- ► 2013 (106)
- SAUERKRAUT WITH MEATBALLS - SZÉKELYKÁPOSZTA VAGDAL...
- BROWN BUTTER CAKE
- BROWN SUGAR MERINGUE BUTTERCREAM
- HUNGARIAN APPLE SQUARES - ALMÁSPITE
- HAM AND BREAD PUDDING
- SWEET BEET CITRUS SALAD
- BLACK BEAN TOMATO SOUP
- COOKING LARGE NEW POTATOES
- NEW POTATOES WITH CAPERS
- BLACK BEAN AND CORN SALSA
- ROASTED TOMATO SAUCE
- TOMATO LAYERED POTATOES - PARADICSOMOS RAKOTT KRUM...
- ROASTED PIZZA TOMATOES
- CROSTINI WITH OVEN ROASTED TOMATOES
- OVEN ROASTED TOMATO SLICES
- HUNGARIAN WATER PICKLES - VIZES UBORKA
- BROCCOLI CARROT SALAD
- LENTIL STEW – LENCSE FŐZELÉK
- ROASTED BUFFALO TURKEY LEG
- ▼ October (19)
- ► 2011 (179)
- ► 2010 (203)