image

image

MY COOKBOOK

MY COOKBOOK
Click on the Cookbook for the Recipes

Figyelem

Felvételeim nyilvános publikálása engedély nélkül nem használhatók.

17.10.12

HAM AND BREAD PUDDING


 
For the best texture of this bread pudding, use commercial white sourdough. Don’t use deli ham, leftover ham will give the best flavour and texture. Unlike other breakfast puddings [wifesavers] this can be assembled and baked on the spot. Great when unexpected guests or “pie eaters” drop by.
 
8 thick slices of commercial white sourdough
soft butter
4 thick slices of cooked ham
6 eggs
3/4 cup milk [I used 1%]
salt and pepper to taste
1 tsp Dijon mustard
1/2 cup white cheddar cheese [optional]
 
• Preheat the oven to 375F.
• Spray an ovenproof dish with cooking spray.
• Butter each slice of bread on one side.
• Make 4 ham sandwiches.
• Cut each sandwich into two halves.
• Arrange the sandwiches in the prepared dish in one layer.
• In a bowl beat the eggs with the milk, season with salt and pepper and stir in the mustard.
• Pour the egg mixture over the sandwiches and top with the cheese if desired.
• Place in the oven and bake for 20 minutes.
• Remove from the oven and serve immediately.

 

Translate

me

My photo
I began to post recipes for my family and it turned out to be a work in progress. "zsuzsa is in the kitchen" has over 900 recipes of Hungarian and international recipes. My recipes are organized into a cookbook format. On top of the page click on the cookbook to get access to all my recipes. If I ever figure out how to add a printer friendly gadget I will add it. In the meantime feel free to cut and paste. Happy cooking!

Archived Recipes

All my previous posts are listed and organized into a cookbook. Click on the cookbook with the wooden spoon image on the upper left corner to access over 900 recipes. You may click on the archive below, but it can take a long time to load.

Blog Archive