OVEN ROASTED TOMATO SLICES
Zsuzsa was rediscovering the wheel again and decided to roast some tomatoes. It’s that time of year again. I was getting my camera when I thought… eh, I will look it up how others do it. The first one that caught my eye was the Lebovitz recipe. I had to laugh, he is such a boy the way he cooks, effortlessly just throws it together. Me? I slice it and even in the baking dish the tomatoes are lined up neatly… Perfectionism is a curse I know and the end results do not always justify the means. However… here is my take on it. Serve it with meat as a side dish or use it for crostini. Either way, it will be deliciously tomatoey.
4 wine ripened round tomatoes
salt and pepper to taste
2 Tbsp of fresh finely chopped herbs [I used 1 Tbsp parsley and 1 Tbsp oregano]
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
• Preheat the oven to 350F.
• Spray a glass baking dish with cooking spray.
• Wash the tomatoes and slice each tomato horizontally into 3 parts.
• Set aside the very bottom and the top section for a different use.
• Arrange the tomatoes in the baking dish, leaving space in between the tomato slices.
• Season the tops with salt and pepper and sprinkle with the freshly chopped herbs.
• Drizzle with olive oil.
• Roast in preheated oven for 35 minutes.
• Remove from heat and with a spatula immediately transfer tomato slices to a serving tray. • Do not let the tomatoes reabsorb any liquid.
• Add the remaining liquid to soups or sauces or discard.
• Serve immediately or reserve roasted tomato slices for a different use.
- It began with posting a few recipes on line for my family. "zsuzsa is in the kitchen" has more than 1000 Hungarian and International recipes. What started out as a private project turned into a well visited blog. The number of visitors long passed the two million mark. I organized my recipes into an on-line cookbook. On top of the page click on the cookbook to access the recipes. I am not profiting from my blog, so my visitors will not be harassed with advertising or flashy gadgets. Feel free to cut and paste my recipes for your own use. Publication is permitted as long as it is in your own words and with your own photographs. However, I would ask you for an acknowledgement and link-back to my blog. This is to my old on-line friends and visitors: policing the comment section for spam and answering questions has become a chore. Good wishes to you all, happy cooking and keep on feeding your people with good food.
- ► 2014 (94)
- ► 2013 (106)
- SAUERKRAUT WITH MEATBALLS - SZÉKELYKÁPOSZTA VAGDAL...
- BROWN BUTTER CAKE
- BROWN SUGAR MERINGUE BUTTERCREAM
- HUNGARIAN APPLE SQUARES - ALMÁSPITE
- HAM AND BREAD PUDDING
- SWEET BEET CITRUS SALAD
- BLACK BEAN TOMATO SOUP
- COOKING LARGE NEW POTATOES
- NEW POTATOES WITH CAPERS
- BLACK BEAN AND CORN SALSA
- ROASTED TOMATO SAUCE
- TOMATO LAYERED POTATOES - PARADICSOMOS RAKOTT KRUM...
- ROASTED PIZZA TOMATOES
- CROSTINI WITH OVEN ROASTED TOMATOES
- OVEN ROASTED TOMATO SLICES
- HUNGARIAN WATER PICKLES - VIZES UBORKA
- BROCCOLI CARROT SALAD
- LENTIL STEW – LENCSE FŐZELÉK
- ROASTED BUFFALO TURKEY LEG
- ▼ October (19)
- ► 2011 (179)
- ► 2010 (200)