OVEN ROASTED TOMATO SLICES
Zsuzsa was rediscovering the wheel again and decided to roast some tomatoes. It’s that time of year again. I was getting my camera when I thought… eh, I will look it up how others do it. The first one that caught my eye was the Lebovitz recipe. I had to laugh, he is such a boy the way he cooks, effortlessly just throws it together. Me? I slice it and even in the baking dish the tomatoes are lined up neatly… Perfectionism is a curse I know and the end results do not always justify the means. However… here is my take on it. Serve it with meat as a side dish or use it for crostini. Either way, it will be deliciously tomatoey.
4 wine ripened round tomatoes
salt and pepper to taste
2 Tbsp of fresh finely chopped herbs [I used 1 Tbsp parsley and 1 Tbsp oregano]
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
• Preheat the oven to 350F.
• Spray a glass baking dish with cooking spray.
• Wash the tomatoes and slice each tomato horizontally into 3 parts.
• Set aside the very bottom and the top section for a different use.
• Arrange the tomatoes in the baking dish, leaving space in between the tomato slices.
• Season the tops with salt and pepper and sprinkle with the freshly chopped herbs.
• Drizzle with olive oil.
• Roast in preheated oven for 35 minutes.
• Remove from heat and with a spatula immediately transfer tomato slices to a serving tray. • Do not let the tomatoes reabsorb any liquid.
• Add the remaining liquid to soups or sauces or discard.
• Serve immediately or reserve roasted tomato slices for a different use.
- I began to post recipes for my family and it turned out to be a work in progress. "zsuzsa is in the kitchen" has over 900 recipes of Hungarian and international recipes. My recipes are organized into a cookbook format. On top of the page click on the cookbook to get access to all my recipes. If I ever figure out how to add a printer friendly gadget I will add it. In the meantime feel free to cut and paste. Happy cooking!
All my previous posts are listed and organized into a cookbook. Click on the cookbook with the wooden spoon image on the upper left corner to access over 900 recipes. You may click on the archive below, but it can take a long time to load.
- ► 2014 (96)
- ► 2013 (106)
- SAUERKRAUT WITH MEATBALLS - SZÉKELYKÁPOSZTA VAGDAL...
- BROWN BUTTER CAKE
- BROWN SUGAR MERINGUE BUTTERCREAM
- HUNGARIAN APPLE SQUARES - ALMÁSPITE
- HAM AND BREAD PUDDING
- SWEET BEET CITRUS SALAD
- BLACK BEAN TOMATO SOUP
- COOKING LARGE NEW POTATOES
- NEW POTATOES WITH CAPERS
- BLACK BEAN AND CORN SALSA
- ROASTED TOMATO SAUCE
- TOMATO LAYERED POTATOES - PARADICSOMOS RAKOTT KRUM...
- ROASTED PIZZA TOMATOES
- CROSTINI WITH OVEN ROASTED TOMATOES
- OVEN ROASTED TOMATO SLICES
- HUNGARIAN WATER PICKLES - VIZES UBORKA
- BROCCOLI CARROT SALAD
- LENTIL STEW – LENCSE FŐZELÉK
- ROASTED BUFFALO TURKEY LEG
- ▼ October (19)
- ► 2011 (179)
- ► 2010 (203)