image

image

MY COOKBOOK

MY COOKBOOK
Click on the Cookbook for the Recipes

Figyelem

Felvételeim nyilvános publikálása engedély nélkül nem használhatók.

29.11.12

CHOCOLATE TERRINE



Well… sort of. I didn’t have the right ingredients yesterday so I improvised. I still intend to make the chocolate terrine Sissi put up on her blog the other day, but in the meantime I made a lovely afterschool snack for three and some. I don’t have a terrine baker, so I washed a plastic organizer from one of my utensil drawers and lined it with plastic wrap. I used pure chocolate chips, ground up homemade cookies and approximately half of a canned 25% heavy cream from Carnation. No rum, because the kid would not have liked it. I didn’t put sugar in it, because most of the ingredients had sugar in them already. I assembled the terrine; put it in the freezer and forty minutes later it was sliceable. Mind you, I used frozen cookie crumbs, if they were at room temperature the process would have taken much longer. This is definitely not Sissi’s terrine, but without her recipe as a guidepost, I would not have been able to make this. We each had a thin slice with a small dollop of whipped cream and let me tell you it was pure chocolate heaven. I also made Eva’s bread again [this is my version] and the bread went home with Olivia. Earlier I had a long chat with a faraway friend. All in all it was a good day.
 
3/4 cup pure chocolate chips
1/4 cup + 1Tbsp canned Carnation cream [must be 25%]
1/4 cup unsweetened butter
1-1/2 cups homemade cookie crumbs [I used 1 cup chocolate wafers and 1/2 cup nilla wafers]
 
• Place the chocolate chips, cream and butter in a microwavable bowl.
• Partially melt the chocolate chips [chocolate chips will stay intact] and then stir ingredients with a wooden spoon until smooth. This took me only 1 minute, but if you are not sure check the chocolate chips at 30 second intervals.
• Sir in the cookie crumbs.
• Line a small terrine baker with two sheets of plastic wrap.
• Spoon the cookie mixture into the prepared terrine baker. If you have a long terrine baker, spread the mixture partway only. The important thing is to have the mixture all the way up to the rim.
• Cover and place in the freezer for 40 minutes.
• The terrine will slice. Once the terrine is well chilled it can be sliced and served at room temperature if preferred.
• We had it with a small dollop of whipped cream.

5 comments:

  1. You and Sissi are killing me with these chocolate treats! I loved Sissi's and now I love yours just as much. Yes, they are different so that just means I need to make them both!!! :) Great idea to use the frozen cookies so you don't have to wait so long to eat it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Zsuzsa, your chocolate terrine is mind boggling beautiful, simple...totally awesome! I am such a chocolate lover, and this is all I would need for my chocolate addiction! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you ladies. Think of it this way, we all deserve the yummies! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Zsuzsa, I am completely blown away by this gorgeous chocolate cake! It looks moist, very chocolatey and so luscious! Thank you so much for mentioning me and for the link. I'm glad my terrine has inspired you to make something so fabulous and also so different. Frankly, butter, cream and chocolate will always yield excellent resulats ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well of course Sissi, I could not have made this without you. Now I can hardly wait to make the real thing. I may venture out for a short trip to my favourite store tomorrow. Then I can stock up on whipping cream and the other ingredients my pantry so lacks at the moment.

    ReplyDelete

Translate

me

My photo
I began to post recipes for my family and it turned out to be a work in progress. "zsuzsa is in the kitchen" has over 900 recipes of Hungarian and international recipes. My recipes are organized into a cookbook format. On top of the page click on the cookbook to get access to all my recipes. If I ever figure out how to add a printer friendly gadget I will add it. In the meantime feel free to cut and paste. Happy cooking!

Archived Recipes

All my previous posts are listed and organized into a cookbook. Click on the cookbook with the wooden spoon image on the upper left corner to access over 900 recipes. You may click on the archive below, but it can take a long time to load.

Blog Archive