CREAM OF BROCCOLI SOUP
I instinctively knew I will like Elisabeth’s broccoli soup. I even told her at the time that I would. I played around with the quantities, I needed less, but basically this is the same soup Elisabeth posted on Food and Thrift. This now replaces my own cream of broccoli soup. My old one had cream in it, and you know me, I am not apt to sacrifice flavour for lowering the fat content. So you can imagine how good this soup is. Amazing how much one learns from following certain blogs.
2 Tbsp butter
1 stalk celery, chopped
4 cups homemade chicken stock
4 cups broccoli florets
3 Tbsp butter
2 Tbsp flour
1 cup 1% milk
• Melt 2 tablespoons butter in medium sized stock pot, and sauté the onions and celery until tender.
• Add the broccoli florets and the broth, cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
• Reserve a few of the broccoli florets and then pour the soup into a blender, filling the pitcher no more than halfway full.
• Hold down the lid of the blender with a folded kitchen towel, and carefully start the blender, using a few quick pulses to get the soup moving before leaving it on to puree. Puree in batches until smooth and pour into a clean pot. Alternately, you can use a stick blender and puree the soup right in the cooking pot.
• In small saucepan, over medium-heat melt 3 tablespoons butter, stir in the flour and add the milk.
• Stir it until thick and bubbly, and add to soup.
• Add the reserved broccoli florets, season with pepper and serve.
- It began with posting a few recipes on line for my family. "zsuzsa is in the kitchen" has more than 1000 Hungarian and International recipes. What started out as a private project turned into a well visited blog. The number of visitors long passed the two million mark. I organized my recipes into an on-line cookbook. On top of the page click on the cookbook to access the recipes. I am not profiting from my blog, so my visitors will not be harassed with advertising or flashy gadgets. Feel free to cut and paste my recipes for your own use. Publication is permitted as long as it is in your own words and with your own photographs. However, I would ask you for an acknowledgement and link-back to my blog. This is to my old on-line friends and visitors: policing the comment section for spam and answering questions has become a chore. Good wishes to you all, happy cooking and keep on feeding your people with good food.
- ► 2014 (95)
- ► 2013 (106)
- GREEN PEAS STEW - ZÖLDBORSÓ FŐZELÉK
- CHOCOLATE TERRINE
- CABBAGE SOUP
- PANKO CRUSTED PARMESAN PORK CHOPS
- CHOCOLATE BANANA MUFFINS
- NUTELLA SHORTBREAD COOKIES
- ZSUZSA’S APPLE DISH
- PORK CHOPS WITH APPLE STUFFING
- CREAM OF BROCCOLI SOUP
- FLOYDA'S BUTTERSCOTCH BROWNIES
- CARAMEL ICING
- BEET AND CARROT SLAW
- FROSTED SOFT SUGAR COOKIES
- VANILLA BUTTERCREAM COOKIE FROSTING
- WHITE CHOCOLATE DIPPED MOLASSES COOKIES
- SPICY SLAW
- SPICY SALAD DRESSING
- ROASTED TURKEY WINGS
- HUNGARIAN CABBAGE SALAD – NYERS KÁPOSZTASALÁTA
- HOMEMADE PRUNE JUICE
- ITALIAN LEMON COOKIES
- COOKIE ICING
- ▼ November (22)
- ► 2011 (179)
- ► 2010 (200)