How Asian this slaw is debatable, probably not very Asian without the peanut dressing. Adapted from The Gardener’s Cottage Spicy Asian Slaw, at least it’s still spicy thanks to the dressing I made for it with the red pepper flakes. The recipe makes a large bowl of slaw, more than enough for 6-8 people. This went really well with Eva’s Egg Bread for lunch today.
2 cups thinly sliced red cabbage
2 cups thinly sliced green cabbage
2 cups julienned carrots
2 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley
1/2 cup raw unsalted peanuts
1/2 cup dried cranberries
1 batch spicy salad dressing
• Wash all the vegetables and peel the carrot.
• Dry them with paper towel.
• Slice the red and green cabbage as thinly as possible, discarding the core and thick sections.
• Julienne the carrots and chop the parsley.
• Place all ingredients in a large salad bowl and sprinkle with spicy salad dressing.
• Toss and serve.
- I began to post recipes for my family and it turned out to be a work in progress. "zsuzsa is in the kitchen" has over 900 recipes of Hungarian and international recipes. My recipes are organized into a cookbook format. On top of the page click on the cookbook to get access to all my recipes. If I ever figure out how to add a printer friendly gadget I will add it. In the meantime feel free to cut and paste. Happy cooking!
All my previous posts are listed and organized into a cookbook. Click on the cookbook with the wooden spoon image on the upper left corner to access over 900 recipes. You may click on the archive below, but it can take a long time to load.
- ► 2014 (96)
- ► 2013 (106)
- GREEN PEAS STEW - ZÖLDBORSÓ FŐZELÉK
- CHOCOLATE TERRINE
- CABBAGE SOUP
- PANKO CRUSTED PARMESAN PORK CHOPS
- CHOCOLATE BANANA MUFFINS
- NUTELLA SHORTBREAD COOKIES
- ZSUZSA’S APPLE DISH
- PORK CHOPS WITH APPLE STUFFING
- CREAM OF BROCCOLI SOUP
- FLOYDA'S BUTTERSCOTCH BROWNIES
- CARAMEL ICING
- BEET AND CARROT SLAW
- FROSTED SOFT SUGAR COOKIES
- VANILLA BUTTERCREAM COOKIE FROSTING
- WHITE CHOCOLATE DIPPED MOLASSES COOKIES
- SPICY SLAW
- SPICY SALAD DRESSING
- ROASTED TURKEY WINGS
- HUNGARIAN CABBAGE SALAD – NYERS KÁPOSZTASALÁTA
- HOMEMADE PRUNE JUICE
- ITALIAN LEMON COOKIES
- COOKIE ICING
- ▼ November (22)
- ► 2011 (179)
- ► 2010 (203)