How Asian this slaw is debatable, probably not very Asian without the peanut dressing. Adapted from The Gardener’s Cottage Spicy Asian Slaw, at least it’s still spicy thanks to the dressing I made for it with the red pepper flakes. The recipe makes a large bowl of slaw, more than enough for 6-8 people. This went really well with Eva’s Egg Bread for lunch today.
2 cups thinly sliced red cabbage
2 cups thinly sliced green cabbage
2 cups julienned carrots
2 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley
1/2 cup raw unsalted peanuts
1/2 cup dried cranberries
1 batch spicy salad dressing
• Wash all the vegetables and peel the carrot.
• Dry them with paper towel.
• Slice the red and green cabbage as thinly as possible, discarding the core and thick sections.
• Julienne the carrots and chop the parsley.
• Place all ingredients in a large salad bowl and sprinkle with spicy salad dressing.
• Toss and serve.
- It began with posting a few recipes on line for my family. "zsuzsa is in the kitchen" has more than 1000 Hungarian and International recipes. What started out as a private project turned into a well visited blog. The number of visitors long passed the two million mark. I organized my recipes into an on-line cookbook. On top of the page click on the cookbook to access the recipes. I am not profiting from my blog, so my visitors will not be harassed with advertising or flashy gadgets. Feel free to cut and paste my recipes for your own use. Publication is permitted as long as it is in your own words and with your own photographs. However, I would ask you for an acknowledgement and link-back to my blog. This is to my old on-line friends and visitors: policing the comment section for spam and answering questions has become a chore. Good wishes to you all, happy cooking and keep on feeding your people with good food.
- ► 2014 (94)
- ► 2013 (106)
- GREEN PEAS STEW - ZÖLDBORSÓ FŐZELÉK
- CHOCOLATE TERRINE
- CABBAGE SOUP
- PANKO CRUSTED PARMESAN PORK CHOPS
- CHOCOLATE BANANA MUFFINS
- NUTELLA SHORTBREAD COOKIES
- ZSUZSA’S APPLE DISH
- PORK CHOPS WITH APPLE STUFFING
- CREAM OF BROCCOLI SOUP
- FLOYDA'S BUTTERSCOTCH BROWNIES
- CARAMEL ICING
- BEET AND CARROT SLAW
- FROSTED SOFT SUGAR COOKIES
- VANILLA BUTTERCREAM COOKIE FROSTING
- WHITE CHOCOLATE DIPPED MOLASSES COOKIES
- SPICY SLAW
- SPICY SALAD DRESSING
- ROASTED TURKEY WINGS
- HUNGARIAN CABBAGE SALAD – NYERS KÁPOSZTASALÁTA
- HOMEMADE PRUNE JUICE
- ITALIAN LEMON COOKIES
- COOKIE ICING
- ▼ November (22)
- ► 2011 (179)
- ► 2010 (200)