VANILLA BUTTERCREAM COOKIE FROSTING
This is an easy recipe and the one and only requirement is long beating. It should be smooth and taste only vanilla. If you can taste the icing sugar, the icing needs to be beaten longer. An electric beater, preferably a standing one, is a necessity. I would not attempt to beat this frosting by hand; the flavour would not develop properly.
6 Tbsp butter, room temperature but not melted
3 cups sifted icing sugar
3 Tbsp milk
1 tsp or more pure vanilla extract
• Beat the butter in a large bowl until very creamy.
• Gradually add the icing sugar, milk and 1 teaspoon of vanilla; beat on low until blended.
• Add more vanilla extract if the frosting is too thick.
• Beat on medium until frosting is light and fluffy.
• Taste it; if you can detect icing sugar, increase the speed to maximum and beat it until the vanilla flavour fully develops.
- It began with posting a few recipes on line for my family. "zsuzsa is in the kitchen" has more than 1000 Hungarian and International recipes. What started out as a private project turned into a well visited blog. The number of visitors long passed the two million mark. I organized my recipes into an on-line cookbook. On top of the page click on the cookbook to access the recipes. I am not profiting from my blog, so my visitors will not be harassed with advertising or flashy gadgets. Feel free to cut and paste my recipes for your own use. Publication is permitted as long as it is in your own words and with your own photographs. However, I would ask you for an acknowledgement and link-back to my blog. This is to my old on-line friends and visitors: policing the comment section for spam and answering questions has become a chore. Good wishes to you all, happy cooking and keep on feeding your people with good food.
- ► 2014 (94)
- ► 2013 (106)
- GREEN PEAS STEW - ZÖLDBORSÓ FŐZELÉK
- CHOCOLATE TERRINE
- CABBAGE SOUP
- PANKO CRUSTED PARMESAN PORK CHOPS
- CHOCOLATE BANANA MUFFINS
- NUTELLA SHORTBREAD COOKIES
- ZSUZSA’S APPLE DISH
- PORK CHOPS WITH APPLE STUFFING
- CREAM OF BROCCOLI SOUP
- FLOYDA'S BUTTERSCOTCH BROWNIES
- CARAMEL ICING
- BEET AND CARROT SLAW
- FROSTED SOFT SUGAR COOKIES
- VANILLA BUTTERCREAM COOKIE FROSTING
- WHITE CHOCOLATE DIPPED MOLASSES COOKIES
- SPICY SLAW
- SPICY SALAD DRESSING
- ROASTED TURKEY WINGS
- HUNGARIAN CABBAGE SALAD – NYERS KÁPOSZTASALÁTA
- HOMEMADE PRUNE JUICE
- ITALIAN LEMON COOKIES
- COOKIE ICING
- ▼ November (22)
- ► 2011 (179)
- ► 2010 (200)