THE ULTIMATE CHOCOLATE GLAZE
I have the purist version of chocolate ganache, but after making Matt Lewis and Renato Poliafito’s chocolate glaze from Baked Explorations I am wavering between the two. I think this one resembles an actual chocolate bar more and appears chocolatier then a ganache made with heavy cream. This was certainly the best glaze for the chocolate cake I made from Baked Explorations. Always use pure baking chocolate, anything chocolaty you make depends on the quality of the chocolate used.
8 squares of good quality semi sweet chocolate [I used 225 g or 8 oz Baker’s]
3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
1 Tbsp light corn syrup
• Place the chocolate, butter, and corn syrup in the top of a double boiler.
• Using a rubber spatula, stir the mixture until the chocolate is half melted.
• Remove the pan from the heat and stir the glaze until the components are completely melted and smooth.
• Drizzle the glaze over the cake.
• Refrigerate the cake for about 15 minutes to set the glaze before serving.
- I began to post recipes for my family and it turned out to be a work in progress. "zsuzsa is in the kitchen" has over 900 recipes of Hungarian and international recipes. My recipes are organized into a cookbook format. On top of the page click on the cookbook to get access to all my recipes. If I ever figure out how to add a printer friendly gadget I will add it. In the meantime feel free to cut and paste. Happy cooking!
All my previous posts are listed and organized into a cookbook. Click on the cookbook with the wooden spoon image on the upper left corner to access over 900 recipes. You may click on the archive below, but it can take a long time to load.
- ► 2014 (96)
- ► 2013 (106)
- ▼ December (9)
- ► 2011 (179)
- ► 2010 (203)