image

image

MY COOKBOOK

MY COOKBOOK
Click on the Cookbook for the Recipes

Figyelem

Felvételeim nyilvános publikálása engedély nélkül nem használhatók.

8.12.12

THE ULTIMATE CHOCOLATE GLAZE


 
I have the purist version of chocolate ganache, but after making Matt Lewis and Renato Poliafito’s chocolate glaze from Baked Explorations I am wavering between the two. I think this one resembles an actual chocolate bar more and appears chocolatier then a ganache made with heavy cream. This was certainly the best glaze for the chocolate cake I made from Baked Explorations. Always use pure baking chocolate, anything chocolaty you make depends on the quality of the chocolate used.
 
8 squares of good quality semi sweet chocolate [I used 225 g or 8 oz Baker’s]
3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
1 Tbsp light corn syrup
 
• Place the chocolate, butter, and corn syrup in the top of a double boiler.
• Using a rubber spatula, stir the mixture until the chocolate is half melted.
• Remove the pan from the heat and stir the glaze until the components are completely melted and smooth.
• Drizzle the glaze over the cake.
• Refrigerate the cake for about 15 minutes to set the glaze before serving.

2 comments:

  1. Such an elegant cake, Zsuzsa. I would also like to place my order for one for my upcoming benchmark birthday in July (let's just say I may be celebrating 25 for the second time!)
    ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will repost the photo of the second one. Too bad we are in opposite ends on this huge continent. Otherwiwise I would be happy to make it for your 25th birthday Eva. And did I tell you I don't charge for my services?

    ReplyDelete

Translate

me

My photo
I began to post recipes for my family and it turned out to be a work in progress. "zsuzsa is in the kitchen" has over 900 recipes of Hungarian and international recipes. My recipes are organized into a cookbook format. On top of the page click on the cookbook to get access to all my recipes. If I ever figure out how to add a printer friendly gadget I will add it. In the meantime feel free to cut and paste. Happy cooking!

Archived Recipes

All my previous posts are listed and organized into a cookbook. Click on the cookbook with the wooden spoon image on the upper left corner to access over 900 recipes. You may click on the archive below, but it can take a long time to load.

Blog Archive