image

image

MY COOKBOOK

MY COOKBOOK
Click on the Cookbook for the Recipes

Figyelem

Felvételeim nyilvános publikálása engedély nélkül nem használhatók.

14.12.12

UNFORGETTABLE WHITE CHOCOLATE FROSTING


 
This frosting is unforgettably good and expensive. I used three whole packages of Baker’s white chocolate. Don’t use white chocolate chips; baking chocolate and chocolate chips are not interchangeable. No flavouring is required, the frosting tastes like white chocolate, which predominantly it is. The recipe makes the perfect amount to fill and cover a 9 inch, four-layer cake. My source was the White Christmas Butter Cake from recipe.com. Making this frosting was fast and easy. Considering the ingredients; this was clearly intended to complete a celebration cake. The cake I used it for turned out worthy of this frosting magnificence.
 
18 squares of Baker’s white baking chocolate [510 g or almost 18 oz]
1-1/2 cup unsweetened butter
1/3 cup + 1 Tbsp [85 g or 3 oz]
 
• Chop about 1/3 of the white chocolate into small pieces and set aside.
• In the top of a double boiler, melt the remaining white chocolate.
• Remove from heat and add the reserved white chocolate.
• Stir until all the chocolate melts. Set aside to cool.
• In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese and the butter until fluffy.
• Gradually add the cooled chocolate, beating well.
• The frosting is ready to fill and cover a cake.
 

5 comments:

  1. Sometimes a recipe is worth every cent spent on it and this frosting certainly seems like one of those recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now I see I misread the cake and icing, sorry about that. And sadly I'm not a huge fan of white chocolate, but I do love how clean this looks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Maria.

    Eva I understand that. White chocolate, unless it’s drizzled on things, tends to be overly sweet especially if icing sugar is added. But this has no added sugar in it and the flavour is quite lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yes - Just give me a bowl of this icing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh so sorry the cake is gone, given away and all eaten.

    ReplyDelete

Translate

me

My photo
I began to post recipes for my family and it turned out to be a work in progress. "zsuzsa is in the kitchen" has over 900 recipes of Hungarian and international recipes. My recipes are organized into a cookbook format. On top of the page click on the cookbook to get access to all my recipes. If I ever figure out how to add a printer friendly gadget I will add it. In the meantime feel free to cut and paste. Happy cooking!

Archived Recipes

All my previous posts are listed and organized into a cookbook. Click on the cookbook with the wooden spoon image on the upper left corner to access over 900 recipes. You may click on the archive below, but it can take a long time to load.