image

image

MY COOKBOOK

MY COOKBOOK
Click on the Cookbook for the Recipes

Figyelem

Felvételeim nyilvános publikálása engedély nélkül nem használhatók.

30.5.13

YOGURT RASPBERRY MOUSSE

 
I love strawberries, but what I have in my freezer are bags and bags of frozen raspberries from the garden. Consequently, I am always looking for ways of using up the raspberries, so when I saw Yogurt Strawberry Mousse with Strawberry Coulis at With a Glass, I knew I had to adapt the wonderful looking recipe to raspberries. Raspberries are tarter than strawberries; therefore I reduced the fruit from 250 to 200 grams. The recipe yielded 4 servings and since raspberries have an intense flavour, I saw no point adding coulis to the mousse. For strawberries, blueberries or blackberries, yes definitely, top the mousse with fresh coulis. I have a strawberry coulis recipe here, and of course With a Glass has the instruction for strawberry coulis in the original recipe. Made entirely in the blender, this is a no fuss dessert. I jumped the gun and served it a little too early as the photo attests to this. But by the following day it was more gelatinous than mousse like. It’s a personal thing, but I liked it more super chilled and gelatinous.
 
200 g fresh or frozen raspberries [fully thawed]
1 cup natural yoghurt
3+1 Tbsp sugar
1 pkg. Knox gelatine powder [equals to 1 Tbsp]
1/4 cup boiling water
 
• Place the raspberries, yoghurt and 3 Tbsp sugar in the blender.
• Puree until smooth.
• In a small bowl combine 1 Tbsp sugar and one package of Knox gelatine powder.
• Add 1/4 cup boiling water and stir until the gelatine is completely dissolved.
• Add the dissolved gelatine to the fruit mixture and puree until well combined.
• Pour into serving bowls and thoroughly chill, for 4-6 hours or overnight.
 

7 comments:

  1. I'm curious whether you should let the frozen fruit thaw before pureeing and combining it with the dissolved gelatin. I'm just concerned that the gelatin mixture would start to set before it was evenly incorporated into the fruit/yogurt or is the secondary pureeing enough to smooth everything?

    I'd like to try a half recipe with some mixed fruit (strawberries, blueberries and raspberries) I have in my freezer.

    It sounds like a great no-cook mousse.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I left it out sorry. Good of you to notice Maria, thanks. The fruit should be thawed first. You are correct; the gelatine would start to gel in globs as soon as it came in contact with the fruit mixture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for confirming ... I DO try to read most of the recipes posted but usually only pay close attention to the ones I intend to make one day in case I have questions. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Zsuzsa! I am so happy to see this dessert on your blog! The raspberry version sounds delicious. I hope you have enjoyed it... I have served it to friends who don't pay attention to their waste and they loved it... I have never tried with raspberries, but when they finally appear (the edible ones) I certainly will (or I will use frozen ones like you). Thanks a lot for the kind link and mention!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't blame you Sissi. We keep buying strawberries year around, because it is one of the few fruits our granddaughter eats. But most of the time it's not very good and a lot of it gets tossed. My husband brought home a large container of strawberries last week, saying it was expensive, but exceptionally healthy looking. Well it tasted amazing too and sure enough it came from a grower from the Fraser Valley of British Columbia. Nothing tastes like home.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wish I had bags of frozen raspberries in the freezer!:) However, we are getting some fresh one into the stores so this mousse sounds really, really good. It's easier than most recipes I see which definitely appeals to me, and then anything with raspberries has to be good!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I already had a few bowls of this year's, they are so good just as they are. Husband brings in a bowlful and it disappears. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Translate

me

My photo
I began to post recipes for my family and it turned out to be a work in progress. "zsuzsa is in the kitchen" has over 900 recipes of Hungarian and international recipes. My recipes are organized into a cookbook format. On top of the page click on the cookbook to get access to all my recipes. If I ever figure out how to add a printer friendly gadget I will add it. In the meantime feel free to cut and paste. Happy cooking!

Archived Recipes

All my previous posts are listed and organized into a cookbook. Click on the cookbook with the wooden spoon image on the upper left corner to access over 900 recipes. You may click on the archive below, but it can take a long time to load.