STRAWBERRY RHUBARB CRUMBLE
This years Father’s Day celebration ended with a wonderful rhubarb crumble. Liv had chocolate dipped strawberries; the dads might be fond of rhubarb but the chocoholic grandchild could not be overlooked. Even though there were a couple of tense moments at the start, I forgot to put on the one order of pesto pasta; however the conclusion went rather well. Pulling together the meal is getting harder for me; there was a lot on my mind at the time plus being an almost senior citizen well you know… I forgot to take pictures, so this one is of the repeat. Father’s Day was almost a month ago, but the crumble was repeatedly good and now I know I will live for another day and with a few more dishes to come even though Canada Day went by the wayside. Never the mind, here is a cool video to celebrate Canada, the land and its creatures. Have a Happy Day!
2 cups diced rhubarb
2 cups sliced strawberries
1/2 cup blueberries [optional]
1 Tbsp fresh orange juice
1/4 cup sugar
2 Tbsp cornstarch
2 Tbsp finely grated orange rind
3/8 cups flour
1 pinch cinnamon
1 pinch salt
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup butter, softened
3/8 cup oats
• Preheat the oven to 375F.
• Place the fruits in a bowl.
• Add the juice, sugar, cornstarch and the orange rind and toss.
• Butter a small baking dish and pour in the fruit mixture.
• In a medium sized bowl combine the flour, cinnamon, salt and the brown sugar.
• Rub the soft butter into the flour mixture.
• Mix in the oats.
• Crumble over the fruit and bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes.
• Reduce heat to 325F and continue baking until the fruit filling is bubbling and the topping begins to brown at the sides.
• Let the crumble rest for 15 minutes.
• Serve with vanilla ice cream and/or whipped cream.
- I began to post recipes for my family and it turned out to be a work in progress. "zsuzsa is in the kitchen" has over 900 recipes of Hungarian and international recipes. My recipes are organized into a cookbook format. On top of the page click on the cookbook to get access to all my recipes. If I ever figure out how to add a printer friendly gadget I will add it. In the meantime feel free to cut and paste. Happy cooking!
All my previous posts are listed and organized into a cookbook. Click on the cookbook with the wooden spoon image on the upper left corner to access over 900 recipes. You may click on the archive below, but it can take a long time to load.
- ► 2014 (96)
- SAUTÉED SUGAR SNAP PEAS
- FREEZING APRICOTS
- CHOCOLATE STRAWBERRY CUPCAKES
- REAL STRAWBERRY BUTTERCREAM
- MEAT FILLED PASTA - HÚSOS DERELYE
- BLUEBERRY STREUSEL COFFEE CAKE
- STRAWBERRY LEMON BARS
- PASTA WITH KALE
- BRANDIED CHERRIES
- CHERRY CAKE BARS - CSERESZNYÉS PITE
- BLACK FOREST CAKE
- MY DAILY BREAD
- STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE
- BROCCOLI PASTA
- STRAWBERRY RHUBARB CRUMBLE
- ▼ July (15)
- ► 2012 (290)
- ► 2011 (179)
- ► 2010 (203)