BELL PEPPER STEW WITH SOUR CREAM - TEJFÖLÖS PAPRIKA FŐZELÉK
With this last summer’s bounty is over. I made nine apple pies yesterday [our friend, Tony will be well pleased] and after this paprika főzelék [stew] I will be looking for bell pepper buys in the store. The peppers should be sautéed, not boiled. Serve it with a dollop of good sour cream and a hunk of sourdough bread. If you have any pork or chicken drippings, dribble a bit on the top. It will only add to the enjoyment of this simple meal. I used Hungarian sweet yellow, but yellow or orange bells would work too. Never use green though. The texture and taste of green peppers will not work for this stew.
3 Tbsp butter
1/2 finely diced onion
4 cups of chopped yellow or orange bell peppers
salt to taste
1 cup water
2 Tbsp flour several sprigs of fresh parsley 14% sour cream
• Place a non-stick fry pan on medium heat.
• Melt the butter and add the onions.
• Add the chopped peppers and sprinkle with salt.
• Sauté the peppers for 4 minutes, but make sure they don’t brown.
• Transfer to a pot. • Stir in 2 Tbsp flour.
• Add the water and bring to slow simmer.
• Stir in the chopped parsley.
• When sauce thickens, remove from heat and cover.
• Let the stew rest for a few minutes and serve with sour cream.
- I began to post recipes for my family and it turned out to be a work in progress. "zsuzsa is in the kitchen" has over 900 recipes of Hungarian and international recipes. My recipes are organized into a cookbook format. On top of the page click on the cookbook to get access to all my recipes. If I ever figure out how to add a printer friendly gadget I will add it. In the meantime feel free to cut and paste. Happy cooking!
All my previous posts are listed and organized into a cookbook. Click on the cookbook with the wooden spoon image on the upper left corner to access over 900 recipes. You may click on the archive below, but it can take a long time to load.
- ► 2014 (96)
- CHOCOLATE DIPPED FILO STICKS
- SMOKED SOCKEYE
- FROZEN STRAWBERRY CHEESE PIE
- CANDIED ALMONDS
- ISLER - ISLER
- CHICKEN FINGERS
- RAW BEATROOT SALAD
- HUNGARIAN RISOTTO - RIZOTTÓ
- CHOCOLATE CLOUD CUPCAKES
- ZERO DESSERT
- CARROT LOAF CAKE
- BELL PEPPER STEW WITH SOUR CREAM - TEJFÖLÖS PAPRIK...
- TOMATO POTATOES - PARADICSOMOS KRUMPLIFŐZELÉK
- APPLE DRESSING
- TIPSY RAISIN PUMPKIN MUFFINS
- PINEAPPLE UPSIDE DOWN CAKE
- ▼ November (16)
- ► 2012 (290)
- ► 2011 (179)
- ► 2010 (202)