FROZEN STRAWBERRY CHEESE PIE
This is a perfect way to use up those stale cookies you have been saving in the freezer. Grind them up in the food processor or put them into a freezer bag and pound them apart with a hammer. Or just simply use graham cracker crumbs. My homemade cookie crumbs had all sorts of nuts and candy bits in it, adding to the deliciousness of this lovely cheese pie.
1-1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup nutella
5 Tbsp melted butter
250g [8oz] cream cheese
1/2 cup icing sugar
1/8 cup milk
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup chopped strawberries
• Add the sugar, nutella and melted butter to the graham crumbs and blend it into a coarse crumble.
• Line the bottom of an 8 inch spring form cake pan with parchment paper.
• Press the mixture into the pan.
• Place in the freezer for 10 minutes.
• In the meantime, prepare the cheesecake filling.
• With a beater combine the cream cheese, icing sugar, vanilla and milk.
• Fold in the strawberries.
• Remove the crust from the freezer then add the cheese mixture on top.
• Put back into the freezer for at least 4 hours.
• Remove the pie from the freezer and immediately peel off the parchment paper.
• Let the pie sit at room temperature for 20 minutes before serving to thaw enough to slice through.
• Cut the pie into slices and serve.
- I began to post recipes for my family and it turned out to be a work in progress. "zsuzsa is in the kitchen" has over 900 recipes of Hungarian and international recipes. My recipes are organized into a cookbook format. On top of the page click on the cookbook to get access to all my recipes. If I ever figure out how to add a printer friendly gadget I will add it. In the meantime feel free to cut and paste. Happy cooking!
All my previous posts are listed and organized into a cookbook. Click on the cookbook with the wooden spoon image on the upper left corner to access over 900 recipes. You may click on the archive below, but it can take a long time to load.
- ► 2014 (96)
- CHOCOLATE DIPPED FILO STICKS
- SMOKED SOCKEYE
- FROZEN STRAWBERRY CHEESE PIE
- CANDIED ALMONDS
- ISLER - ISLER
- CHICKEN FINGERS
- RAW BEATROOT SALAD
- HUNGARIAN RISOTTO - RIZOTTÓ
- CHOCOLATE CLOUD CUPCAKES
- ZERO DESSERT
- CARROT LOAF CAKE
- BELL PEPPER STEW WITH SOUR CREAM - TEJFÖLÖS PAPRIK...
- TOMATO POTATOES - PARADICSOMOS KRUMPLIFŐZELÉK
- APPLE DRESSING
- TIPSY RAISIN PUMPKIN MUFFINS
- PINEAPPLE UPSIDE DOWN CAKE
- ▼ November (16)
- ► 2012 (290)
- ► 2011 (179)
- ► 2010 (203)