FROZEN STRAWBERRY CHEESE PIE
This is a perfect way to use up those stale cookies you have been saving in the freezer. Grind them up in the food processor or put them into a freezer bag and pound them apart with a hammer. Or just simply use graham cracker crumbs. My homemade cookie crumbs had all sorts of nuts and candy bits in it, adding to the deliciousness of this lovely cheese pie.
1-1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup nutella
5 Tbsp melted butter
250g [8oz] cream cheese
1/2 cup icing sugar
1/8 cup milk
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup chopped strawberries
• Add the sugar, nutella and melted butter to the graham crumbs and blend it into a coarse crumble.
• Line the bottom of an 8 inch spring form cake pan with parchment paper.
• Press the mixture into the pan.
• Place in the freezer for 10 minutes.
• In the meantime, prepare the cheesecake filling.
• With a beater combine the cream cheese, icing sugar, vanilla and milk.
• Fold in the strawberries.
• Remove the crust from the freezer then add the cheese mixture on top.
• Put back into the freezer for at least 4 hours.
• Remove the pie from the freezer and immediately peel off the parchment paper.
• Let the pie sit at room temperature for 20 minutes before serving to thaw enough to slice through.
• Cut the pie into slices and serve.
- It began with posting a few recipes on line for my family. "zsuzsa is in the kitchen" has more than 1000 Hungarian and International recipes. What started out as a private project turned into a well visited blog. The number of visitors long passed the two million mark. I organized my recipes into an on-line cookbook. On top of the page click on the cookbook to access the recipes. I am not profiting from my blog, so my visitors will not be harassed with advertising or flashy gadgets. Feel free to cut and paste my recipes for your own use. Publication is permitted as long as it is in your own words and with your own photographs. However, I would ask you for an acknowledgement and link-back to my blog. This is to my old on-line friends and visitors: policing the comment section for spam and answering questions has become a chore. Good wishes to you all, happy cooking and keep on feeding your people with good food.
- ► 2014 (93)
- CHOCOLATE DIPPED FILO STICKS
- SMOKED SOCKEYE
- FROZEN STRAWBERRY CHEESE PIE
- CANDIED ALMONDS
- ISLER - ISLER
- CHICKEN FINGERS
- RAW BEATROOT SALAD
- HUNGARIAN RISOTTO - RIZOTTÓ
- CHOCOLATE CLOUD CUPCAKES
- ZERO DESSERT
- CARROT LOAF CAKE
- BELL PEPPER STEW WITH SOUR CREAM - TEJFÖLÖS PAPRIK...
- TOMATO POTATOES - PARADICSOMOS KRUMPLIFŐZELÉK
- APPLE DRESSING
- TIPSY RAISIN PUMPKIN MUFFINS
- PINEAPPLE UPSIDE DOWN CAKE
- ▼ November (16)
- ► 2012 (290)
- ► 2011 (179)
- ► 2010 (198)