VANILLA CRESCENT - VANÍLIÁS KIFLI
Reminiscent of Walnut Crescents, the original vanilla crescent is rolled into confectioner sugar. I finished mine with chocolate squiggles. Some people like chocolate a little too much. Grinding the almonds into a fine meal requires a commercial grade grinder or something. A run of the mill [no pun intended] food processor could never accomplish the fine grains that are required. It is best to buy the almond meal. It's one of my staples; I keep a large bag of almond meal in the freezer.
7/8 cup butter at room temperature
7/8 cup sugar
1/4 cup almond meal
1 Tbsp homemade vanilla sugar or 1 packet store-bought
2 cups flour
1 cup pure chocolate chips
• Beat the butter and the sugar until frothy.
• Beat in the egg and the vanilla sugar.
• Reduce the speed to low medium.
• Gradually add the flour and stir to combine.
• Finally add the almond meal.
• Place the dough on a lightly floured board and kneed it until smooth.
• Roll the dough into 1 inch thick ropes, and lay them in a parchment lined pan.
• Cover with plastic and refrigerate the rolled dough for about an hour.
• Preheat oven to 375F. • Line a couple of baking sheets with parchment paper.
• Transfer the chilled dough to the board and cut into 2 inch segments.
• Roll them into crescent shape and place them on the prepared baking sheets.
• Bake the crescents for 12-15 minutes.
• Remove from the oven when the bottoms are starting to get a little color.
• Let the crescents cool.
• Meanwhile partially melt the chocolate chips with a few tablespoons of water in the microwave.
• Stir until glossy. • Pipe the melted chocolate on the tops.
• Let the chocolate solidify for a couple of hours before serving.
• Or simply roll the lukewarm crescents into icing sugar.
- I began to post recipes for my family and it turned out to be a work in progress. "zsuzsa is in the kitchen" has over 900 recipes of Hungarian and international recipes. My recipes are organized into a cookbook format. On top of the page click on the cookbook to get access to all my recipes. If I ever figure out how to add a printer friendly gadget I will add it. In the meantime feel free to cut and paste. Happy cooking!
All my previous posts are listed and organized into a cookbook. Click on the cookbook with the wooden spoon image on the upper left corner to access over 900 recipes. You may click on the archive below, but it can take a long time to load.
- COCONUT LOAF CAKE
- BACON ORZO
- LAMINGTONS - KÓKUSZKOCKA
- SEMOLINA – GRÍZ
- WHITE CHOCOLATE CHUNK COOKIES
- SMOKED PORK PICNIC SHOULDER BAKED
- TEN LAYER CAKE
- BOSTON CREAM PIE
- CORN PUDDING
- APPLE STRUDEL - ALMÁSRÉTES
- RASPBERRY BUTTERMILK CAKE
- CREAMY PARSNIP
- SAUTÉED GREEN BEENS WITH ALMONDS
- MAPLE MUSTARD SALMON
- GOLDEN DUMPLING – ARANYGALUSKA
- VANILLA CRESCENT - VANÍLIÁS KIFLI
- SUPERFAST BAKED POTATOES
- VEGETABLE CARBONARA
- MARIA’S CHILI CON CARNE
- WILTED SPINACH WITH GARLIC
- BEAN SALSA
- COCONUT COOKIE ROLL - KÓKUSZOS KEKSZTEKERCS
- POPPY SEED BREAD - MÁKOS GUBA
- MONT BLANC LAYER CAKE
- ▼ March (24)
- ► 2013 (106)
- ► 2012 (290)
- ► 2011 (179)
- ► 2010 (203)