PAN FRIED PORK CHOPS
I dare anyone to pan fry lean, thick slices of pork chops without tenderizing in salt first. Guaranteed the chops will be dry. But not these ones! These were soft as butter and the only flavouring they required was sitting at room temperature for 2 hours after a light sprinkling with Chef’s Salt. The mushrooms were an afterthought.
These were the contributing factors:
1. Tenderizing in salt
2. Medium cooking temperature
3. Using a well fitting lid
4. Resting the meat for 10 minutes
3 thick, boneless pork chops
sprinkling of Chef’s Salt
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 Tbsp butter
1 cup sliced button mushrooms [optional]
• Wash the pork chops and pat dry with paper towels.
• Place on a small tray and lightly sprinkle with Chef’s Salt on both sides.
• Let the chops sit for two hours at room temperature.
• Heat a non stick skillet on medium heat.
• Add the chops.
• On medium heat slowly sauté chops, turning over until no longer pink.
• Place a well fitting lid on the top and continue to slowly sauté chops for 20 minutes.
• Lift the lid and when all the moisture has been reabsorbed, add the sliced mushrooms.
• Sauté for 2 minutes and remove from heat.
• Transfer to a serving plate and cover with the warm lid that was used for cooking.
• Let the chops rest for 10 minutes to allow the fibers to relax.
• Serve chops in whole or sliced.
- I began to post recipes for my family and it turned out to be a work in progress. "zsuzsa is in the kitchen" has over 900 recipes of Hungarian and international recipes. My recipes are organized into a cookbook format. On top of the page click on the cookbook to get access to all my recipes. If I ever figure out how to add a printer friendly gadget I will add it. In the meantime feel free to cut and paste. Happy cooking!
All my previous posts are listed and organized into a cookbook. Click on the cookbook with the wooden spoon image on the upper left corner to access over 900 recipes. You may click on the archive below, but it can take a long time to load.
- BROWNIE PUDDING
- BROCCOLI STALK SALAD
- YELLOW SPLIT PEAS SOUP
- ROAST SPICED POTATO AND PARSNIP
- BACON RATATOUILLE – SZALONNÁS LECSÓ
- CARAMELIZED BLUEBERRY SAUCE
- FRIED CHICKEN
- SPRITZ COOKIES
- DUCK GIBLET SOUP - KACSA APRÓLÉK LEVES
- LIVER SOUP DUMPLINGS
- STIR FRIED NAPA CABBAGE
- WASHING POULTRY
- CRISPY ROAST DUCK - SÜLT KACSA
- PAN FRIED PORK CHOPS
- SALTING MEAT
- CINNAMON CAKE BROWNIE
- ▼ May (16)
- ► 2013 (106)
- ► 2012 (290)
- ► 2011 (179)
- ► 2010 (202)