image

image

MY COOKBOOK

MY COOKBOOK
Click on the Cookbook for the Recipes

20.8.15

MUSHROOM LECSÓ SPREAD


I was never into tuna or anchovies, but I was always attracted to the look of antipasto spreads on thin slices of toasted bread. No, not bruschetta; that would be something else. Then yesterday I cooked up a pot of mushroom lecsó. This morning I took out the leftovers and spooned some cold lecsó on small pieces of toast and that is when it occurred to me that I always had the recipe for an antipasto spread in cold lecsó. A pot of lecsó like this with a loaf of toasted bread or a box of crackers could feed a large party with several platters of vegetarian hors d'oeuvres. 

The makings of mushroom lecsó is the same as ordinary lecsó, the only difference is you add some chopped mushrooms to the pot halfway through the cooking process. The recipe for lecsó is here and the photos tell the rest of the story.

 sauté 2 large onions and a handful of white rice on oil
[onions add bulk, sweetness and rice thickens the lecsó]

 prep the rest of the ingredients

squash  tomatoes, start slow simmer, add 1/2 tsp paprika

cover and sauté until peppers are soft

lecsó dinner  

last night's cold lecsó on little toasts

Translate

me

My photo
I began to post recipes for my family and it turned out to be a work in progress. "zsuzsa is in the kitchen" has over 900 recipes of Hungarian and international recipes. My recipes are organized into a cookbook format. On top of the page click on the cookbook to get access to all my recipes. If I ever figure out how to add a printer friendly gadget I will add it. In the meantime feel free to cut and paste. Happy cooking!

Archived Recipes

All my previous posts are listed and organized into a cookbook. Click on the cookbook with the wooden spoon image on the upper left corner to access over 900 recipes. You may click on the archive below, but it can take a long time to load.

Blog Archive