- Prepare pizza dough first.
- Place 1/2 cup of the flour, the sugar, salt and instant yeast in a large bowl.
- Add the oil and the lukewarm water.
- Mix until well combined.
- Stir in the remaining 2 cups of flour.
- Let dough rest for 10 minutes.
- Place dough on a floured board and kneed until elastic.
- Let dough rise 1-1/2 hours or until doubles.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper
- After the first rising of the dough punch down and roll the dough to fit the baking sheet.
- Roll back the edge all around. Set aside.
- Meanwhile prep the onions, zucchini and the fat leaf parsley.
- Grate and shave the cheeses.
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- On medium heat slowly sauté the onion slices in oil and butter until soft. Do not brown.
- Spread the mozzarella on top of the pizza dough.
- Arrange the mozzarella cheese, onions, zucchini, parmesan cheese and flat leaf parsley on the dough in that order.
- Sprinkle with roasted tomato and red pepper seasoning.
- Place in preheated oven and bake until cheeses melt and lightly brown.
ZUCCHINI TOMATO TART
I was looking for new ways to cook zucchini. I looked at several cooking blogs for ideas and decided I liked the look of one recipe. It called for pie pastry and excessive amounts of onions, so I decided to make a small batch of my pizza dough and use less, a lot less onions. To reduce the acidity I used fresh cherry tomatoes instead of tomato sauce. Starting the first layer with mozzarella cheese was a good idea. The tart turned out really well, it was vibrant, fresh, and satisfying. This recipe is for two people.
1-1/4 cups flour
1 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1-1/4 tsp instant yeast
1/8 cup oil
1/2 cup lukewarm water
1 Tbsp oil
1 Tbsp butter
1/2 medium sized onion, sliced very thin
1 cup grated mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup shaved parmesan cheese,
2-3 cups thinly sliced zucchini
2 cups fresh cherry tomatoes
3 sprigs of flat leaf parsley
sprinkling of roasted tomato and red pepper seasoning
- It began with posting a few recipes on line for my family. "zsuzsa is in the kitchen" has more than 1000 Hungarian and International recipes. What started out as a private project turned into a well visited blog. The number of visitors long passed the two million mark. I organized my recipes into an on-line cookbook. On top of the page click on the cookbook to access the recipes. I am not profiting from my blog, so my visitors will not be harassed with advertising or flashy gadgets. Feel free to cut and paste my recipes for your own use. Publication is permitted as long as it is in your own words and with your own photographs. However, I would ask you for an acknowledgement and link-back to my blog. This is to my old on-line friends and visitors: policing the comment section for spam and answering questions has become a chore. Good wishes to you all, happy cooking and keep on feeding your people with good food.
- HOT MILK CAKE
- BATTER FRIED BROCCOLI
- SWEET POTATO SPINACH BAKE
- EGG BREAD
- BRANDY YOGURT CAKE
- COCOA CAKE IN THE PAN
- PORK RATATOUILLE WITH ZUCCHINI - HÚSOS LECSÓ CUKKI...
- OLIVIA CAKE
- ZUCCHINI PATTIES - CUKKINI FASÍRT
- ZUCCHINI TOMATO TART
- TEMESVÁRI PORK SIRLOIN - TEMESVÁRI SERTÉSBORDA
- YORKSHIRE PAN PUDDING
- PEANUT BUTTER BARS
- CHICKEN PIE
- FRESH STRAWBERRY CRUMB BARS
- ZUCCHINI LAYER CAKE
- NUTTY BUTTER COOKIES
- KITCHEN HYGIENE
- ▼ September (18)
- ► 2014 (95)
- ► 2013 (106)
- ► 2012 (290)
- ► 2011 (179)
- ► 2010 (200)