image

image

MY COOKBOOK

MY COOKBOOK
Click on the Cookbook for the Recipes

Figyelem

Felvételeim nyilvános publikálása engedély nélkül nem használhatók.

11.9.15

ZUCCHINI TOMATO TART


I was looking for new ways to cook zucchini. I looked at several cooking blogs for ideas and decided I liked the look of one recipe. It called for pie pastry and excessive amounts of onions, so I decided to make a small batch of my pizza dough and use less, a lot less onions. To reduce the acidity I used fresh cherry tomatoes instead of tomato sauce. Starting the first layer with mozzarella cheese was a good idea. The tart turned out really well, it was vibrant, fresh, and satisfying.  This recipe is for two people. 


Dough:
1-1/4 cups flour 
1 tsp sugar 
1/2 tsp salt 
1-1/4 tsp instant yeast
1/8 cup oil 
1/2 cup lukewarm water 

Toppings:
1 Tbsp oil
1 Tbsp butter
1/2 medium sized onion, sliced very thin
1 cup grated mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup shaved parmesan cheese,
2-3 cups thinly sliced zucchini
2 cups fresh cherry tomatoes
3 sprigs of flat leaf parsley
sprinkling of roasted tomato and red pepper seasoning

  • Prepare pizza dough first.
  • Place 1/2 cup of the flour, the sugar, salt and instant yeast in a large bowl. 
  • Add the oil and the lukewarm water. 
  • Mix until well combined. 
  • Stir in the remaining 2 cups of flour. 
  • Let dough rest for 10 minutes. 
  • Place dough on a floured board and kneed until elastic. 
  • Let dough rise 1-1/2 hours or until doubles. 
  • Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper
  • After the first rising of the dough punch down and roll the dough to fit the baking sheet.
  • Roll back the edge all around. Set aside.
  • Meanwhile prep the onions, zucchini and the fat leaf parsley.
  • Grate and shave the cheeses.
  • Preheat oven to 400F.
  • On medium heat slowly sauté the onion slices in oil and butter until soft. Do not brown.
  • Spread the mozzarella on top of the pizza dough.
  • Arrange the mozzarella cheese, onions, zucchini, parmesan cheese and flat leaf parsley on the dough in that order.
  • Sprinkle with roasted tomato and red pepper seasoning.
  • Place in preheated oven and bake until cheeses melt and lightly brown.

1 comment:

Translate

me

My photo
I began to post recipes for my family and it turned out to be a work in progress. "zsuzsa is in the kitchen" has over 900 recipes of Hungarian and international recipes. My recipes are organized into a cookbook format. On top of the page click on the cookbook to get access to all my recipes. If I ever figure out how to add a printer friendly gadget I will add it. In the meantime feel free to cut and paste. Happy cooking!

Archived Recipes

All my previous posts are listed and organized into a cookbook. Click on the cookbook with the wooden spoon image on the upper left corner to access over 900 recipes. You may click on the archive below, but it can take a long time to load.

Blog Archive