- Prepare pizza dough first.
- Place 1/2 cup of the flour, the sugar, salt and instant yeast in a large bowl.
- Add the oil and the lukewarm water.
- Mix until well combined.
- Stir in the remaining 2 cups of flour.
- Let dough rest for 10 minutes.
- Place dough on a floured board and kneed until elastic.
- Let dough rise 1-1/2 hours or until doubles.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper
- After the first rising of the dough punch down and roll the dough to fit the baking sheet.
- Roll back the edge all around. Set aside.
- Meanwhile prep the onions, zucchini and the fat leaf parsley.
- Grate and shave the cheeses.
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- On medium heat slowly sauté the onion slices in oil and butter until soft. Do not brown.
- Spread the mozzarella on top of the pizza dough.
- Arrange the mozzarella cheese, onions, zucchini, parmesan cheese and flat leaf parsley on the dough in that order.
- Sprinkle with roasted tomato and red pepper seasoning.
- Place in preheated oven and bake until cheeses melt and lightly brown.
ZUCCHINI TOMATO TART
I was looking for new ways to cook zucchini. I looked at several cooking blogs for ideas and decided I liked the look of one recipe. It called for pie pastry and excessive amounts of onions, so I decided to make a small batch of my pizza dough and use less, a lot less onions. To reduce the acidity I used fresh cherry tomatoes instead of tomato sauce. Starting the first layer with mozzarella cheese was a good idea. The tart turned out really well, it was vibrant, fresh, and satisfying. This recipe is for two people.
1-1/4 cups flour
1 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1-1/4 tsp instant yeast
1/8 cup oil
1/2 cup lukewarm water
1 Tbsp oil
1 Tbsp butter
1/2 medium sized onion, sliced very thin
1 cup grated mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup shaved parmesan cheese,
2-3 cups thinly sliced zucchini
2 cups fresh cherry tomatoes
3 sprigs of flat leaf parsley
sprinkling of roasted tomato and red pepper seasoning
- I began to post recipes for my family and it turned out to be a work in progress. "zsuzsa is in the kitchen" has over 900 recipes of Hungarian and international recipes. My recipes are organized into a cookbook format. On top of the page click on the cookbook to get access to all my recipes. If I ever figure out how to add a printer friendly gadget I will add it. In the meantime feel free to cut and paste. Happy cooking!
All my previous posts are listed and organized into a cookbook. Click on the cookbook with the wooden spoon image on the upper left corner to access over 900 recipes. You may click on the archive below, but it can take a long time to load.
- HOT MILK CAKE
- BATTER FRIED BROCCOLI
- SWEET POTATO SPINACH BAKE
- EGG BREAD
- BRANDY YOGURT CAKE
- COCOA CAKE IN THE PAN
- PORK RATATOUILLE WITH ZUCCHINI - HÚSOS LECSÓ CUKKI...
- OLIVIA CAKE
- ZUCCHINI PATTIES - CUKKINI FASÍRT
- ZUCCHINI TOMATO TART
- TEMESVÁRI PORK SIRLOIN - TEMESVÁRI SERTÉSBORDA
- YORKSHIRE PAN PUDDING
- PEANUT BUTTER BARS
- CHICKEN PIE
- FRESH STRAWBERRY CRUMB BARS
- ZUCCHINI LAYER CAKE
- NUTTY BUTTER COOKIES
- KITCHEN HYGIENE
- ▼ September (18)
- ► 2014 (96)
- ► 2013 (106)
- ► 2012 (290)
- ► 2011 (179)
- ► 2010 (203)