- Place the ground pork in a mixing bowl.
- Heat the olive oil in a non-stick skillet.
- Add the onions and sauté until translucent.
- Reserving the oil, add the soft onions to the ground pork.
- Put the chopped kielbasa in the food processor and pulse it a few times until uniformly minced. Don’t mash it completely.
- Add the minced kielbasa sausage to the bowl.
- Add the garlic, marjoram, fine breadcrumbs and the egg.
- Sprinkle with salt. Keep in mind the kielbasa is already salty.
- With clean hands mash the ingredients until uniformly blended.
- Shape the meat mixture into small balls.
- Add the meatballs to the skillet, leaving a little space between meatballs for rolling.
- To cook the meatballs perfectly round, hold onto the skillet handle and shift the skillet back and forth. The meatballs will roll around and evenly cook in a rather short time.
- Place your choice of spice in a bowl and roll the hot meatballs into the spice.
- Serve the meatballs immediately.
- These meatballs are so flavourful no sauce is required.
MEATBALLS WITH KIELBASA
After a string of recent kitchen goof ups, this one turned out to be nice enough to get a spot on the blog. I made these meatballs to use up ingredients not enough on their own and a new meatball recipe was born. I can do that because we are small eaters and most of the time it’s just the two of us. The challenge of these spur of the moment dishes is that they sometimes don’t work out. That is when my darling feels like the guinea pig he sometimes is. But there is always peanut butter.
Meatballs With Kielbasa
1/2 cup of super lean ground pork
3 Tbsp light olive oil
2 Tbsp diced onions
4 inch segment of kielbasa sausage, chopped
1 clove of garlic, minced
sprinkling of marjoram
1/4 cup dry fine breadcrumbs
sprinkling of salt
1 to 2 Tbsp spice of choice [I used Greek Red Pepper Spice]
- I began to post recipes for my family and it turned out to be a work in progress. "zsuzsa is in the kitchen" has over 900 recipes of Hungarian and international recipes. My recipes are organized into a cookbook format. On top of the page click on the cookbook to get access to all my recipes. If I ever figure out how to add a printer friendly gadget I will add it. In the meantime feel free to cut and paste. Happy cooking!
All my previous posts are listed and organized into a cookbook. Click on the cookbook with the wooden spoon image on the upper left corner to access over 900 recipes. You may click on the archive below, but it can take a long time to load.
- MEATBALLS WITH KIELBASA
- CHICKEN GULYAS - CSIRKEGULYÁS
- SCORED POTATOES
- HAM LOAF
- COOKED MAYONNAISE
- COCONUT LOAF
- PARMESAN ENCRUSTED BREADED PORK TENDERLOINS
- HUNGARIAN ALL PURPOSE CRACKERS - HÁZTARTÁSIKEKSZ
- CHERRY PASTRY BARS - CSERESZNYÉS PITE
- COOKED CHERRY FILLING
- HAM CRACKLING BISCUITS – SONKA TEPERTŐ POGÁCSA
- HOMEMADE SPINACH PASTA WITH WALNUTS
- ▼ March (12)
- ► 2014 (96)
- ► 2013 (106)
- ► 2012 (290)
- ► 2011 (179)
- ► 2010 (202)