- Preheat oven to 375F.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the oil, marmalade, sugar and eggs to combine.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the, flour, baking powder and the zest of 1 orange.
- Add the semolina, almond meal and the coconut. Whisk to combine.
- Add to the egg mixture alternatively with the orange juice and just mix to combine.
- Fully line a 9-inch spring-form cake pan with parchment paper.
- Pour the batter into the pan and bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until knife inserted comes out clear.
- Take it out and poke the top with a sharp knife half a dozen times.
- Pour 1/4 cup of marmalade on the top while warm.
- Serve still warm with whipped cream.
- The texture however relaxes and the flavours fully blend by the following day.
ALMOND MARMALADE CAKE
One more for our afternoon tea and this one is my concoction. I made a pot of marmalade last week, ran out of time and there it sits in a bowl in my fridge. Here come the marmalade recipes. The marmalade I made is pectin free with long strands of orange zest. The stands almost all incorporated into the cake. With a thicker jam, you may have to increase the juice or decrease the semolina. The batter I made was on the runny side. I thought the semolina will grow in the oven and sure enough, it did. It turned out to be a stable cake with a great crumb.
Almond Marmalade Cake
2/3 cup oil
1/2 cup orange marmalade
1/3 cup sugar
1 cup flour
2 tsp baking powder
zest of 1 orange
3/4 cup semolina
1-1/4 cup almond meal [very finely ground almonds]
3/4 cup fine unsweetened coconut
1 cup pure orange juice
1/4 cup orange marmalade for topping
- I began to post recipes for my family and it turned out to be a work in progress. "zsuzsa is in the kitchen" has over 900 recipes of Hungarian and international recipes. My recipes are organized into a cookbook format. On top of the page click on the cookbook to get access to all my recipes. If I ever figure out how to add a printer friendly gadget I will add it. In the meantime feel free to cut and paste. Happy cooking!
All my previous posts are listed and organized into a cookbook. Click on the cookbook with the wooden spoon image on the upper left corner to access over 900 recipes. You may click on the archive below, but it can take a long time to load.
- ALMOND MARMALADE CAKE
- CARAMEL WALNUT BARS
- USING UP FRUIT
- TINY SALTY TEA BISCUITS - SÓS APRÓ TEASÜTEMÉNY
- POACHING SOCKEYE with VEGETABLES AND STOCK
- COCOA SNAILS - KAKAÓSCSIGA
- LAMINATED YEAST PASTRY - BLUNDELL TÉSZTA
- MARMALADE TEA CAKE
- PORRIDGE BREAD
- RAISIN EGG BREAD
- BREADING and FRYING CUTLETS
- EASTER HAM from READY TO EAT
- HAM HAMBURGERS
- NUTELLA PISKOTA – NUTELLA PISKÓTA
- WALNUT SQUARES - DIÓS PITE
- CARROT MUFFINS
- CHOCOLATE CHUNK COOKIES
- ROASTED ASPARAGUS
- BUTTER ROLLS
- ▼ April (19)
- ► 2014 (96)
- ► 2013 (106)
- ► 2012 (290)
- ► 2011 (179)
- ► 2010 (203)