If using frozen berries do not thaw first; throw them into the batter frozen.
1-1/2 cups blueberries, fresh or frozen
3-1/4 cups flour
1/3 cup sugar
1-1/2 Tbsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/3 cup butter, at room temperature
3 eggs, beaten
1-1/2 cups milk
• Add the blueberries to 1/4 cup of the flour.
• Toss to coat blueberries and set aside.
• In a large bowl, combine the remaining 3 cups flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
• Add the butter and with clean hands rub into the flour until well combined.
• In a smaller bowl beat the eggs and the milk until well combined.
• Stir the lemon juice into the milk.
• Pour the milk mixture into the butter mixture.
• Stir just until dry ingredients are just moistened.
• Gently fold in the blueberries.
• Spray the muffin tins with cooking spray.
• Scoop the batter into the prepared muffin cups.
• Optional: Sprinkle the tops lightly with sugar.
• Bake at 400F for 30 minutes, until golden brown.
• Makes 12 large muffins.
- It began with posting a few recipes on line for my family. "zsuzsa is in the kitchen" has more than 1000 Hungarian and International recipes. What started out as a private project turned into a well visited blog. The number of visitors long passed the two million mark. I organized my recipes into an on-line cookbook. On top of the page click on the cookbook to access the recipes. I am not profiting from my blog, so my visitors will not be harassed with advertising or flashy gadgets. Feel free to cut and paste my recipes for your own use. Publication is permitted as long as it is in your own words and with your own photographs. However, I would ask you for an acknowledgement and link-back to my blog. Happy cooking!