3 cups green cabbage, sliced
3 Tbsp oil
1 Tbsp sugar
salt to taste
1/4 tsp black pepper, coarsely ground
1 batch of homemade noodles, preferably square cut
1 Tbsp butter
• Grate the cabbage into a large dish.
• Sprinkle liberally with salt and let stand for 1/2 hr.
• Drain and squeeze out all the water.
• Place 3 Tbsp oil in a large skillet and add the cabbage.
• Stir in salt and black pepper and slowly cook until cabbage is tender.
• Stir in the sugar and sauté until cabbage is slightly caramelized.
• Meanwhile cook the noodles.
• When fully cooked, pour noodles though a large sieve and rinse well under cold running water.
• Let the noodles drain completely.
• In a large skillet melt the butter and add the drained pasta.
• Add the sautéed cabbage and toss to coat.
• Heat through and serve.