1 cup shortening - do not use butter*
1-1/4 cups brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
2-1/4 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 bag of regular-sized Milk Chocolate M&M's (240g)
• Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
• In a large bowl whip the shortening and brown sugar.
• Add the eggs, and vanilla extract. Blend well.
• Place the flour, baking soda and the salt in a separate bowl.
• Mix well to ensure baking soda and salt are evenly distributed.
• Add the flour mixture to the shortening mixture.
• Stir until all the ingredients are well combined.
• Roll out dough on a well floured surface.
• Cut the cookies with large biscuit cutter.
• Place the cookies on the prepared cookie sheet.
• Lightly press the M&M's into the dough.
• Bake at 350F for 13-14 minutes.
• Remove from the oven and let stand to settle for a few minutes.
• Move cookies on a cookie rack to cool.
Yields 32 large cookies
*For a buttery flavour use butter-flavoured shortening.
Use regular-sized M&M's in order to have a chocolate taste in the cookies. The mini M&M's are more coating than chocolate, and will not melt properly.
- It began with posting a few recipes on line for my family. "zsuzsa is in the kitchen" has more than 1000 Hungarian and International recipes. What started out as a private project turned into a well visited blog. The number of visitors long passed the two million mark. I organized my recipes into an on-line cookbook. On top of the page click on the cookbook to access the recipes. I am not profiting from my blog, so my visitors will not be harassed with advertising or flashy gadgets. Feel free to cut and paste my recipes for your own use. Publication is permitted as long as it is in your own words and with your own photographs. However, I would ask you for an acknowledgement and link-back to my blog. This is to my old on-line friends and visitors: policing the comment section for spam and answering questions has become a chore. Good wishes to you all, happy cooking and keep on feeding your people with good food.
- ► 2014 (95)
- ► 2013 (106)
- ► 2012 (290)
- ► 2011 (179)
- PEACHY MUFFINS
- CREAMED SPINACH - SPENÓT FŐZELÉK
- CHOCOLATE WHITE CHOCOLATE CHUNK COOKIES
- BAKED and BREADED CHICKEN CUTLETS
- OVEN FRIES
- POTATO PASTA - KRUMPLIS TÉSZTA
- PRESSURE COOKER CHICKEN SOUP - CSIRKELEVES KUKTÁBA...
- EASY SUGAR COOKIES
- LIGHT CHOCOLATE CUPCAKES
- LIGHT CHOCOLATE GLAZE
- FRENCH TOAST for one
- YOGURT CHEESE
- CHOCOLATE CHIP MUFFINS
- LAZY PEROGY CASSEROLE
- M&M COOKIES
- HUNGARIAN PAPRIKA
- CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
- PURPLE CABBAGE – LILA KÁPOSZTA
- APPLE PIE
- PIE PASTRY
- HUNGARIAN CURD CHEESE BUNDLE - TÚRÓS BATYU
- HUNGARIAN NUT ROLLS - BEIGLI
- FILLINGS FOR HUNGARIAN NUT ROLLS – BEIGLI TÖLTELÉK...
- HASSELBACK POTATOES
- JOKAI BEAN SOUP – JÓKAI BABLEVES
- GULYÁS SOUP - GULYÁS LEVES
- EGGY DUMPLINGS - TOJÁSOS NOKEDLI
- CHOCOLATE STRAWBERRIES
- BLUEBERRY MUFFINS
- FROZEN YOGURT WITH FRUIT
- FRIED RICE
- CREAM OF WHEAT
- MILK RICE – TEJBERIZS
- BREAKFAST PASTRY
- CAESAR SALAD
- JEWEL BARS
- HARD BOILED EGGS
- SAUTÉED BRUSSELS SPROUTS
- PAPRIKA POTATOES - PAPRIKÁS KRUMPLI
- ▼ April (40)