1 cup shortening - do not use butter*
1-1/4 cups brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
2-1/4 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 bag of regular-sized Milk Chocolate M&M's (240g)
• Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
• In a large bowl whip the shortening and brown sugar.
• Add the eggs, and vanilla extract. Blend well.
• Place the flour, baking soda and the salt in a separate bowl.
• Mix well to ensure baking soda and salt are evenly distributed.
• Add the flour mixture to the shortening mixture.
• Stir until all the ingredients are well combined.
• Roll out dough on a well floured surface.
• Cut the cookies with large biscuit cutter.
• Place the cookies on the prepared cookie sheet.
• Lightly press the M&M's into the dough.
• Bake at 350F for 13-14 minutes.
• Remove from the oven and let stand to settle for a few minutes.
• Move cookies on a cookie rack to cool.
Yields 32 large cookies
*For a buttery flavour use butter-flavoured shortening.
Use regular-sized M&M's in order to have a chocolate taste in the cookies. The mini M&M's are more coating than chocolate, and will not melt properly.
- I began to post recipes for my family and it turned out to be a work in progress. "zsuzsa is in the kitchen" has over 900 recipes of Hungarian and international recipes. My recipes are organized into a cookbook format. On top of the page click on the cookbook to get access to all my recipes. If I ever figure out how to add a printer friendly gadget I will add it. In the meantime feel free to cut and paste. Happy cooking!
All my previous posts are listed and organized into a cookbook. Click on the cookbook with the wooden spoon image on the upper left corner to access over 900 recipes. You may click on the archive below, but it can take a long time to load.
- ► 2014 (96)
- ► 2013 (106)
- ► 2012 (290)
- ► 2011 (179)
- PEACHY MUFFINS
- CREAMED SPINACH - SPENÓT FŐZELÉK
- CHOCOLATE WHITE CHOCOLATE CHUNK COOKIES
- BAKED and BREADED CHICKEN CUTLETS
- OVEN FRIES
- POTATO PASTA - KRUMPLIS TÉSZTA
- PRESSURE COOKER CHICKEN SOUP - CSIRKELEVES KUKTÁBA...
- EASY SUGAR COOKIES
- LIGHT CHOCOLATE CUPCAKES
- LIGHT CHOCOLATE GLAZE
- FRENCH TOAST for one
- YOGURT CHEESE
- CHOCOLATE CHIP MUFFINS
- LAZY PEROGY CASSEROLE
- M&M COOKIES
- HUNGARIAN PAPRIKA
- CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
- PURPLE CABBAGE – LILA KÁPOSZTA
- APPLE PIE
- PIE PASTRY
- HUNGARIAN CURD CHEESE BUNDLE - TÚRÓS BATYU
- HUNGARIAN NUT ROLLS - BEIGLI
- HASSELBACK POTATOES
- JOKAI BEAN SOUP – JÓKAI BABLEVES
- GULYÁS SOUP - GULYÁS LEVES
- EGGY DUMPLINGS - TOJÁSOS NOKEDLI
- CHOCOLATE STRAWBERRIES
- BLUEBERRY MUFFINS
- FROZEN YOGURT WITH FRUIT
- FRIED RICE
- CREAM OF WHEAT
- MILK RICE – TEJBERIZS
- BREAKFAST PASTRY
- CAESAR SALAD
- JEWEL BARS
- HARD BOILED EGGS
- SAUTÉED BRUSSELS SPROUTS
- PAPRIKA POTATOES - PAPRIKÁS KRUMPLI
- ▼ April (39)