image

image

MY COOKBOOK

MY COOKBOOK
Click on the Cookbook for the Recipes

Figyelem

Felvételeim nyilvános publikálása engedély nélkül nem használhatók.

19.8.10

ZUCCHINI LOAF


The original recipe came from the test kitchens of Canadian Living. Aside from adding raisins instead of nuts I doubled it, but what I didn’t like about them [once again] they could have been higher. So I adjusted the recipe accordingly. One thing is for sure, these will be yummy loaves weather you put in them raisins or nuts.

5 cups all-purpose flour
2-1/2 Tbsp baking powder
2-1/2 tsp cinnamon
1-1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp nutmeg
2 eggs
1-3/4 cups  packed brown sugar
1-1/4 cup  vegetable oil
1-1/4 cup  milk
3 Tbsp vanilla
3-3/4 cups  grated zucchini (unpeeled)
1-1/4cup raisins
non-stick cooking spray

Yields 2 loaves

  • In bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt and nutmeg.
  • In separate bowl, whisk together egg, brown sugar, vegetable oil, milk, and vanilla.
  • Stir in zucchini, and walnuts or raisins.
  • Pour over dry ingredients; stir just until combined.
  • Spray two loaf pans with non-stick spray.
  • Scrape into 2 prepared loaf pans.
  • Bake in centre of 350°F oven for 1 hour or until cake tester inserted in centre comes out clean.
  • Let cool in pan on rack for 10 minutes.
  • Turn out onto rack; let cool completely.
   

Translate

me

My photo
I began to post recipes for my family and it turned out to be a work in progress. "zsuzsa is in the kitchen" has over 900 recipes of Hungarian and international recipes. My recipes are organized into a cookbook format. On top of the page click on the cookbook to get access to all my recipes. If I ever figure out how to add a printer friendly gadget I will add it. In the meantime feel free to cut and paste. Happy cooking!

Archived Recipes

All my previous posts are listed and organized into a cookbook. Click on the cookbook with the wooden spoon image on the upper left corner to access over 900 recipes. You may click on the archive below, but it can take a long time to load.

Blog Archive