MY COOKBOOK

MY COOKBOOK
Click on the Cookbook for the Recipes

17.11.13

BELL PEPPER STEW WITH SOUR CREAM - TEJFÖLÖS PAPRIKA FŐZELÉK


With this last summer’s bounty is over. I made nine apple pies yesterday [our friend, Tony will be well pleased] and after this paprika főzelék [stew] I will be looking for bell pepper buys in the store. The peppers should be sautéed, not boiled. Serve it with a dollop of good sour cream and a hunk of sourdough bread. If you have any pork or chicken drippings, dribble a bit on the top. It will only add to the enjoyment of this simple meal. I used Hungarian sweet yellow, but yellow or orange bells would work too. Never use green though. The texture and taste of green peppers will not work for this stew.
 
3 Tbsp butter
1/2 finely diced onion
4 cups of chopped yellow or orange bell peppers
salt to taste
1 cup water
2 Tbsp flour several sprigs of fresh parsley 14% sour cream
• Place a non-stick fry pan on medium heat.
• Melt the butter and add the onions.
• Add the chopped peppers and sprinkle with salt.
• Sauté the peppers for 4 minutes, but make sure they don’t brown.
• Transfer to a pot. • Stir in 2 Tbsp flour.
• Add the water and bring to slow simmer.
• Stir in the chopped parsley.
• When sauce thickens, remove from heat and cover.
• Let the stew rest for a few minutes and serve with sour cream.







 

Translate

me

My photo
It began with posting a few recipes on line for my family. "zsuzsa is in the kitchen" has more than 1000 Hungarian and International recipes. What started out as a private project turned into a well visited blog. The number of visitors long passed the two million mark. I organized my recipes into an on-line cookbook. On top of the page click on the cookbook to access the recipes. I am not profiting from my blog, so my visitors will not be harassed with advertising or flashy gadgets. Feel free to cut and paste my recipes for your own use. Publication is permitted as long as it is in your own words and with your own photographs. However, I would ask you for an acknowledgement and link-back to my blog. This is to my old on-line friends and visitors: policing the comment section for spam and answering questions has become a chore. Good wishes to you all, happy cooking and keep on feeding your people with good food.

Blog Archive