- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Line a 13x9 inch baking pan with parchment paper.
- Melt the butter in a large heavy skillet.
- Add the cocoa and the oil and stir smooth.
- Cook over low heat stirring continuously until well combined.
- Transfer mixture to a large bowl and stir in the sugar.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, stirring well after each addition.
- Stir in the vanilla.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder and the salt.
- Gradually add the flour mixture to the cocoa mixture. Stir to combine.
- Spread the mixture into the prepared baking pan.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a cake tester inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool in the pan on a wire rack.
- Prepare the ganache and spread over the top.
- Let the ganache set a bit before cutting into squares.
Someone once compared fudge brownies to New York cheesecake. You are dying to have it, you have a slice and you are done. But cake brownies... they are in a different class altogether. Especially with ganache on top. The brownie recipe was adapted from Taste of Home.
2/3 cup butter, cubed
3/4 cup baking cocoa
1/4 cup vegetable oil
2 cups sugar
2 tsp pure vanilla extract
1-1/2 cups flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 batch of chocolate ganache
- It began with posting a few recipes on line for my family. "zsuzsa is in the kitchen" has more than 1000 Hungarian and International recipes. What started out as a private project turned into a well visited blog. The number of visitors long passed the two million mark. I organized my recipes into an on-line cookbook. On top of the page click on the cookbook to access the recipes. I am not profiting from my blog, so my visitors will not be harassed with advertising or flashy gadgets. Feel free to cut and paste my recipes for your own use. Publication is permitted as long as it is in your own words and with your own photographs. However, I would ask you for an acknowledgement and link-back to my blog. This is to my old on-line friends and visitors: policing the comment section for spam and answering questions has become a chore. Good wishes to you all, happy cooking and keep on feeding your people with good food.
- CAKE BROWNIES
- OVERNIGHT BUNS
- ZUCCHINI PRALINE CAKE
- DULCE DE LECHE OATMEAL BARS
- PARMESAN CRUSTED VEGETABLES
- CIABATTA BUNS
- PERFECT FRIED CHICKEN
- BANANA ZUCCHINI LOAVES
- SAUTÉED BONELESS SKINLESS CHICKEN THIGHS
- SPICE TEA CAKE
- PECTIN FREE JAM
- FLUFFY DINNER ROLLS
- HAM AND CHEESE CROQUETTES - SAJTOS SONKÁS KROKETT
- PECTIN FREE MARMALADE
- PARMESAN BAKED ZUCCHINIS
- HAM AND PORK LOAF
- CITRUS ZUCCHINI LOAF CAKE
- FRESH BEAN RATATOUILLE
- LAYERED CRACKLING BISCUITS - LEVELES TÖPÖRTTYŰS P...
- ▼ September (19)
- ► 2014 (95)
- ► 2013 (106)
- ► 2012 (290)
- ► 2011 (179)
- ► 2010 (200)