image

image

MY COOKBOOK

MY COOKBOOK
Click on the Cookbook for the Recipes

3.9.10

CHICKEN STOCK


The secret of good soup is good homemade stock.

1 chicken, cut-up, (liver discarded)
1 carrot, cut
1 rib of celery, cut
1 onion, cut,
3 bay leaves
3 parsley sprigs
12 peppercorns
2 whole cloves
10 cups of water

• Place all ingredients in a large stockpot and bring it slowly to boil.
• Skim off the froth, cover, reduce heat and simmer for 1 hour.
• Remove the meat and de-bone.
• Reserve the meat and put the bones back.
• Simmer the bones for 3 hours.
• Strain and discard all the solids.
• Refrigerate stock for 8 hours.
• Skim off the fat that has collected on the surface.
• This makes about 8 cups of chicken stock.
   

Translate

me

My photo
I began to post recipes for my family and it turned out to be a work in progress. "zsuzsa is in the kitchen" has over 900 recipes of Hungarian and international recipes. My recipes are organized into a cookbook format. On top of the page click on the cookbook to get access to all my recipes. If I ever figure out how to add a printer friendly gadget I will add it. In the meantime feel free to cut and paste. Happy cooking!

Archived Recipes

All my previous posts are listed and organized into a cookbook. Click on the cookbook with the wooden spoon image on the upper left corner to access over 900 recipes. You may click on the archive below, but it can take a long time to load.