1-1/2 cups flour
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/3 cup cold butter
1 egg yolk
1-1/2 Tbsp sour cream
• In a large bowl combine flour, sugar and baking powder.
• Add the cold butter and rub into flour with clean hands.
• Add the egg yolk and sour cream and mix to combine.
• Roll dough large enough to line the pan and come up the sides part way.
3 cups dry curd cottage cheese
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup + 1/2 cups icing sugar
4 eggs, separated
2 Tbsp flour
1 Tbsp cornstarch
1/2 Tbsp baking powder
1 tsp vanilla
• Crush the dry curd cottage cheese in a food processor.
• In a medium bowl, cream together the butter and 1 cup icing sugar until fluffy.
• Add the cottage cheese.
• Add the egg yolks, flour, cornstarch, baking powder and vanilla.
• Mix ingredients until well combined.
• In a clean bowl beat the egg whites until hard peaks form.
• Beat in the remaining 1/2 cup icing sugar.
• Gradually, gently fold the beaten egg whites into the cheese mixture.
• Pour the cheese batter into the pastry lined pan.
• Bake at 350F for 60 minutes or until golden brown and puffy.
• Place on a wire rack to cool.