image

image

MY COOKBOOK

MY COOKBOOK
Click on the Cookbook for the Recipes

Figyelem

Felvételeim nyilvános publikálása engedély nélkül nem használhatók.

17.2.13

WHITE CHOCOLATE FRUIT BARS



The Christmas baking that never was and now I have an odd assortment of various items in my pantry, like sweetened condensed milk. They are just begging to be used. Not what I had in mind for them at the time, but Christmas is over and now I want something quick. So here is another Eagle Brand bar cookie.
 
A bit of an update on the home front: Dishwasher is hooked up and working. The guest room is dried out, insulation, wallboards and ceiling tiles have been replaced and everything is repainted. The one thing that remains is replacing the cut out sections of the underlay and cleaning the stained carpet. If that can be done next week, the furniture goes back and the downstairs hallways will be finally free of clutter. Make the bed and hang the blinds. After that I can send out a few out of town invites. We have a first class queen sized bed down there that remains untouched by the dishwasher flood. I wonder who will be our first guest.
 
2 cups graham crumbs
3/4 cup butter, melted
1 can [300 ml] regular or low fat sweetened condensed milk
3/4 cup dried cranberries
3/4 cup finely chopped dried apricots
1-1/2 cups white chocolate chips
 
• Preheat oven to 350F. [325F for glass dish]
• Combine graham crumbs with butter; press evenly onto parchment paper-lined 13 x 9" baking pan.
• Pour Eagle Brand evenly over crumb crust.
• Sprinkle the cranberries, chopped apricots and white chocolate chips on the top.
• Press down firmly.
• Place in preheated oven and bake for 20-25 minutes or until edges become lightly browned.
• Cool thoroughly and chill.
• Cut into 24 bars.
 

8 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the renovations. I'm sure guests are just waiting for an invitation to come visit and be served some of the treats you're whipping up. I'm glad I don't have any children to make this bars for or I'd be doing a lot of 'taste testing'. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad your renovation is finished and everything seems back to normal. I agree with A_Boleyn: so many people must be dreaming of visiting you and having the honour to taste your delicacies, such as these beautiful bars.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad things are almost back to normal. We have a slow leak in the kitchen and it's swelling our wood floors but we have no idea where it's coming from. Sadly the only way to know is to rip out the island and the flooring beneath it...I'm hoping it will go away on its own or that some major disaster happens and we have the excuse to tear up the flooring.
    Eagle Brand recipes are great and these look delicious with the addition of the dried fruit. I have a recipe that also add salted nuts to the mix and it's quite a lovely flavour combo (I've always loved salty and sweet together).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you ladies.

    Eva, you better get that attended to. If it's a slow leak your house insurance will not cover the renovations. We were lucky it was a sudden flood and it was just assumed there was no previous leakage. If your floorboard is already swelling it might convince the insurance people that it has been going on for a long time. We were lucky and yet we still will have to pay the deductable and for 2 months our hydro bill skyrocketed with drying out the flood.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad visited your blog and catch up on all the wonderful things I missed. Yummy bars; looks easy to make!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am glad to see you too Elisabeth. Yes these are quick and fuss free.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a bummer having to essentially remodel due to a dishwasher leak! Sounds like you've come back in style and am glad that you are ready to have out-of-town quests. How about next week? :) Make me a batch of these and I'll be there tomorrow! The white chocolate is very tempting, but I love the apricot and cranberries just as much. What a great combination! Fantastic fruit bars my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Peach Lady it was simply fixing up everything back to the way it was before the water damage. They made only one mistake, the baseboards were painted out with latex and a different color. I didn't see it while they were doing it [I still have a bum knee and cannot go downstairs] So now the guestroom is slightly different than the rest of the lower level. It really, really, really, really bugs me.

    ReplyDelete

Translate

me

My photo
I began to post recipes for my family and it turned out to be a work in progress. "zsuzsa is in the kitchen" has over 900 recipes of Hungarian and international recipes. My recipes are organized into a cookbook format. On top of the page click on the cookbook to get access to all my recipes. If I ever figure out how to add a printer friendly gadget I will add it. In the meantime feel free to cut and paste. Happy cooking!

Archived Recipes

All my previous posts are listed and organized into a cookbook. Click on the cookbook with the wooden spoon image on the upper left corner to access over 900 recipes. You may click on the archive below, but it can take a long time to load.