8 Tbsp sugar
8 Tbsp flour
2 Tbsp cocoa
2 Tbsp oil
1-1/2 tsp baking powder
2 pkg. 6 serving cooked jell-o pudding
2-2/3 cups milk
1/2+1/8 cup unsalted butter, softened
3/4 cup icing sugar
1 vanilla sugar
1 tsp lemon juice
4 squares semisweet chocolate
2 Tbsp butter
• Line a rectangular baking tray with aluminum foil.
• Spray it all around with cooking spray.
• Peel and pit the peaches and slice.
• Sprinkle 2 Tbsp ‘Fruit Fresh’ over them and toss to coat.
• Arrange peach slices inside the prepared pan.
• Place the egg yolks, sugar, oil and lemon juice in a large bowl.
• Beat until batter is thick and lemon coloured.
• Sift the flour and baking powder over the batter and mix to combine.
• In a separate bowl whip the egg whites until stiff peaks form.
• Gently fold the beaten egg whites into the cake batter.
• Pour half the batter over the peaches and spread out.
• Add 2 Tbsp of cocoa to the remaining batter and gently mix.
• Pour cocoa batter on top of the previous layer and spread out.
• Bake at 350F until the middle of the cake springs back.
• While the cake bakes, prepare the custard layer.
• Pour the contents of two packages of vanilla pudding mix in a medium pot.
• Place 2-2/3 cups of milk in the microwave and bring to boil.
• Add the boiling milk to the pudding mix.
• Cook the pudding over medium low heat, continually stirring, until very thick.
• Remove from heat and let it cool completely.
• Whip the butter, lemon juice, vanilla and icing sugar until light and fluffy.
• Add to the cooled pudding and whip together to combine.
• Remove the cake from the oven and let it cool completely.
• Place a serving tray over the cake and invert.
• Remove the pan and the foil.
• Spread the top evenly with the custard.
• Place in a fridge to chill thoroughly.
• Melt the chocolate and butter in the microwave.
• Stir and cool.
• Pour over chilled cream layer.
• Slice and serve.