image

image

MY COOKBOOK

MY COOKBOOK
Click on the Cookbook for the Recipes

Figyelem

Felvételeim nyilvános publikálása engedély nélkül nem használhatók.

22.10.13

BANANA MUFFINS


I can spot them right away. I am talking about those heavy, inert little health muffins. A good muffin needs fat, sugar and eggs. I never look twice at the one egg wonders. They are not good. A muffin should have at least 2 eggs in a batch. That’s how they get so fluffy. The “chip away recipes”, you know the ones “I reduced this and that”, “low fat this and that”. The most hilarious is the 0% of something. Logic tells me if something is 0%, it is no longer the THING, because it is something else. So call it whatever it really is. But I suspect those 0% things have been manipulated to the point nobody knows or even wants to know what they really made of. Have a slice of toast if you are worried about your intake, but when it comes to muffins understand that there is no such thing as a low cal “health muffin”, only yucky muffin. Feast your eyes on these beauties I am having one for breakfast... with butter.
2 cups flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup melted butter or light olive oil
2 eggs
1/2 cup milk
3 mashed overripe bananas
• Preheat the oven to 375F.
• Spray with non-stick cooking spray or generously butter the muffin pan.
• Sift together the flour, baking powder baking soda and the salt.
• In a separate bowl beat together the sugar, oil, egg and the mashed bananas.
• Stir in the dry ingredients just until moist. Do not overbeat, the batter will be lumpy.
• Divide the batter in the prepared muffin tins.
• Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes or until a knife inserted comes out clean.
• Cool 5 minutes and remove from the pan.

And then they were glazed for the chocoholics of the family.

5 comments:

  1. I agree with using real ingredients and just restricting the number of treats that you have. If I liked banana muffins I'd have one ... sans chocolate. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Then you must feel like I do when I see perfectly good food spoiled with sea critters... I don't even comment on fishy posts anymore. :-)

      Delete
    2. LOL It's hard to imagine other people hating the things we love and then we remember the things we can't stand that THEY adore. And it all makes sense.

      Delete
  2. Wonderfully delicious looking muffins…so lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kathy. I recall they were still nice several days later.

      Delete

Translate

me

My photo
I began to post recipes for my family and it turned out to be a work in progress. "zsuzsa is in the kitchen" has over 900 recipes of Hungarian and international recipes. My recipes are organized into a cookbook format. On top of the page click on the cookbook to get access to all my recipes. If I ever figure out how to add a printer friendly gadget I will add it. In the meantime feel free to cut and paste. Happy cooking!

Archived Recipes

All my previous posts are listed and organized into a cookbook. Click on the cookbook with the wooden spoon image on the upper left corner to access over 900 recipes. You may click on the archive below, but it can take a long time to load.

Blog Archive