I can spot them right away. I am talking about those heavy, inert little health muffins. A good muffin needs fat, sugar and eggs. I never look twice at the one egg wonders. They are not good. A muffin should have at least 2 eggs in a batch. That’s how they get so fluffy. The “chip away recipes”, you know the ones “I reduced this and that”, “low fat this and that”. The most hilarious is the 0% of something. Logic tells me if something is 0%, it is no longer the THING, because it is something else. So call it whatever it really is. But I suspect those 0% things have been manipulated to the point nobody knows or even wants to know what they really made of. Have a slice of toast if you are worried about your intake, but when it comes to muffins understand that there is no such thing as a low cal “health muffin”, only yucky muffin. Feast your eyes on these beauties I am having one for breakfast... with butter.
2 cups flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup melted butter or light olive oil
1/2 cup milk
3 mashed overripe bananas
• Preheat the oven to 375F.
• Spray with non-stick cooking spray or generously butter the muffin pan.
• Sift together the flour, baking powder baking soda and the salt.
• In a separate bowl beat together the sugar, oil, egg and the mashed bananas.
• Stir in the dry ingredients just until moist. Do not overbeat, the batter will be lumpy.
• Divide the batter in the prepared muffin tins.
• Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes or until a knife inserted comes out clean.
• Cool 5 minutes and remove from the pan.
And then they were glazed for the chocoholics of the family.
- It began with posting a few recipes on line for my family. "zsuzsa is in the kitchen" has more than 1000 Hungarian and International recipes. What started out as a private project turned into a well visited blog. The number of visitors long passed the two million mark. I organized my recipes into an on-line cookbook. On top of the page click on the cookbook to access the recipes. I am not profiting from my blog, so my visitors will not be harassed with advertising or flashy gadgets. Feel free to cut and paste my recipes for your own use. Publication is permitted as long as it is in your own words and with your own photographs. However, I would ask you for an acknowledgement and link-back to my blog. This is to my old on-line friends and visitors: policing the comment section for spam and answering questions has become a chore. Good wishes to you all, happy cooking and keep on feeding your people with good food.
- ► 2014 (93)
- PUMPKIN PIE
- TOASTED PARMESAN TOMATO SANDWICH
- DECONSTRUCTED STUFFED PEPPERS - GOMBÓCOS TÖLTÖTT P...
- RUSSIAN CREAMCHEESE BUNS
- HOMEMADE SHAKE AND BAKE CHICKEN
- NO BAKE CHOCOLATE NUT BARS
- BANANA MUFFINS
- CHOCOLATE TART
- MARZIPAN PLUM CAKE
- APPLE CAKE
- CUSTARD APPLE PIE
- BOOZY PLUM CAKE
- PICKLED PEPPERS
- PRESERVING FRUIT COULIS
- ▼ October (14)
- ► 2012 (290)
- ► 2011 (179)
- ► 2010 (198)