I can spot them right away. I am talking about those heavy, inert little health muffins. A good muffin needs fat, sugar and eggs. I never look twice at the one egg wonders. They are not good. A muffin should have at least 2 eggs in a batch. That’s how they get so fluffy. The “chip away recipes”, you know the ones “I reduced this and that”, “low fat this and that”. The most hilarious is the 0% of something. Logic tells me if something is 0%, it is no longer the THING, because it is something else. So call it whatever it really is. But I suspect those 0% things have been manipulated to the point nobody knows or even wants to know what they really made of. Have a slice of toast if you are worried about your intake, but when it comes to muffins understand that there is no such thing as a low cal “health muffin”, only yucky muffin. Feast your eyes on these beauties I am having one for breakfast... with butter.
2 cups flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup melted butter or light olive oil
1/2 cup milk
3 mashed overripe bananas
• Preheat the oven to 375F.
• Spray with non-stick cooking spray or generously butter the muffin pan.
• Sift together the flour, baking powder baking soda and the salt.
• In a separate bowl beat together the sugar, oil, egg and the mashed bananas.
• Stir in the dry ingredients just until moist. Do not overbeat, the batter will be lumpy.
• Divide the batter in the prepared muffin tins.
• Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes or until a knife inserted comes out clean.
• Cool 5 minutes and remove from the pan.
And then they were glazed for the chocoholics of the family.
- I began to post recipes for my family and it turned out to be a work in progress. "zsuzsa is in the kitchen" has over 900 recipes of Hungarian and international recipes. My recipes are organized into a cookbook format. On top of the page click on the cookbook to get access to all my recipes. If I ever figure out how to add a printer friendly gadget I will add it. In the meantime feel free to cut and paste. Happy cooking!
All my previous posts are listed and organized into a cookbook. Click on the cookbook with the wooden spoon image on the upper left corner to access over 900 recipes. You may click on the archive below, but it can take a long time to load.
- ► 2014 (96)
- PUMPKIN PIE
- TOASTED PARMESAN TOMATO SANDWICH
- DECONSTRUCTED STUFFED PEPPERS - GOMBÓCOS TÖLTÖTT P...
- RUSSIAN CREAMCHEESE BUNS
- HOMEMADE SHAKE AND BAKE CHICKEN
- NO BAKE CHOCOLATE NUT BARS
- BANANA MUFFINS
- CHOCOLATE TART
- MARZIPAN PLUM CAKE
- APPLE CAKE
- CUSTARD APPLE PIE
- BOOZY PLUM CAKE
- PICKLED PEPPERS
- PRESERVING FRUIT COULIS
- ▼ October (14)
- ► 2012 (290)
- ► 2011 (179)
- ► 2010 (203)