TOASTED PARMESAN TOMATO SANDWICH
I was instantly attracted to Elisabeth’s toasted tomato sandwiches and even though I lacked some of the ingredients – it has been so long I treated myself to cheese, that I made them anyway. Starting with some inert tomatoes left from summer – the magnificence of fresh fruit off the wine is now a memory – and I didn’t have fresh rosemary or provolone cheese. So I added dry rosemary to fresh parsley and used mozzarella. Now here I am waiting for my sandwich; it will be ready when the first whiff of deliciousness reaches the office.
4 cloves of garlic minced
1 large sprig of fresh rosemary, finely chopped
4 tsp olive oil
1 tsp salt ground black pepper to taste
4 large thick slices sourdough bread
4 slices of white cheese
1/3 cup shaved parmesan cheese
• Preheat oven to 350F.
• Place the minced garlic and chopped rosemary in a small bowl.
• Add the olive oil, salt and the black pepper.
• Mix to combine.
• Spread the mixture on 4 slices of bread.
• Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil.
• Put a wire rack inside the pan and place the 4 bread slices on the top. Place in the preheated oven for 10 minutes.
• Remove baking sheet from the oven.
• Sprinkle the parmesan on the bread slices and top with the white cheese. [I did the reverse, which made assembly a little awkward.
• Bake until the cheese gets a nice golden hue. It was wonderful!
- It began with posting a few recipes on line for my family. "zsuzsa is in the kitchen" has more than 1000 Hungarian and International recipes. What started out as a private project turned into a well visited blog. The number of visitors long passed the two million mark. I organized my recipes into an on-line cookbook. On top of the page click on the cookbook to access the recipes. I am not profiting from my blog, so my visitors will not be harassed with advertising or flashy gadgets. Feel free to cut and paste my recipes for your own use. Publication is permitted as long as it is in your own words and with your own photographs. However, I would ask you for an acknowledgement and link-back to my blog. This is to my old on-line friends and visitors: policing the comment section for spam and answering questions has become a chore. Good wishes to you all, happy cooking and keep on feeding your people with good food.
- ► 2014 (95)
- PUMPKIN PIE
- TOASTED PARMESAN TOMATO SANDWICH
- DECONSTRUCTED STUFFED PEPPERS - GOMBÓCOS TÖLTÖTT P...
- RUSSIAN CREAMCHEESE BUNS
- HOMEMADE SHAKE AND BAKE CHICKEN
- NO BAKE CHOCOLATE NUT BARS
- BANANA MUFFINS
- CHOCOLATE TART
- MARZIPAN PLUM CAKE
- APPLE CAKE
- CUSTARD APPLE PIE
- BOOZY PLUM CAKE
- PICKLED PEPPERS
- PRESERVING FRUIT COULIS
- ▼ October (14)
- ► 2012 (290)
- ► 2011 (179)
- ► 2010 (200)